DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro getting hot

JohnnyD913

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Idk if it’s just me or if my Mavic is getting hotter on the bottom than normal.
It only happens when just hovering or especially sitting on table doing updates/calibration.
I can hold my hand on the metal fins but barely.
It’s pretty hot...
Of course flying it has air flow and yes the fan does work.
Maybe I should get a hand held thermometer and use it?

what is appropriate heat range in DEGREES?

Thank u

Not sure what the exact degree it should be at is. But if it seems like it is getting hotter than normal, have you made sure it's not your battery getting extra hot? Could spell signs of a battery starting to go bad.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
You are not the first to not think of it and you will not be the last, I can't remember who posted the message in which I read of it but it didn't occur to me either.

As long as your resting it on a hard surface and the internal fan is going it should be fine, if the fan wasnt working it would get so hot you couldnt pick it up. Im amazed for a little fan how much cooling it does.

Also, and maybe you thought of this, remove the gimbal dome and lock. The air intake is behind the gimbal.

[QUOTE = "JohnnyD913, publicación: 1016083, miembro: 37015"]
No sé si soy solo yo o si mi Mavic se está poniendo más caliente de lo normal.
Solo sucede cuando se pasa el mouse o se sienta especialmente en la mesa haciendo actualizaciones / calibración.
Puedo sostener mi mano sobre las aletas de metal pero apenas.
Hace bastante calor ...
Por supuesto, volar tiene flujo de aire y sí, el ventilador funciona.
¿Tal vez debería conseguir un termómetro de mano y usarlo?

¿Cuál es el rango de calor apropiado en GRADOS?

Gracias
[/CITAR]hola yo tengo un mavic pro 1 y tambien calentaba muchisimo y lo que hice fue quitar la carcaza de aluminio de abajo y cambiarle la pasta termica y ya no calento mas, esto se deberia hace cada tiempo porque la pasta se va secando y va perdiendo poder de enfriamiento

Also a good idea to buy a laser thermometer, good to see how hot motors get
and to see if fan does any good. Said this before, that you should measure the heat at the most important part of your drone. called the heatsink at the bottom or underside of the drone. The internal cooling fan kicks on when the core board temp gets to be about 110 degrees. It will keep the drone cool enough to avoid over heating. I like to keep temp gun close, and measure before and after flight. Heat sink temp should never get above 125 degrees,
or you rick frying your FcEsc board. My MP has skids that raise it 4 inch's above the ground, if I am taking motor temps while revving motors at high rpm. I will stick a ice pack under the body to help keep it cool during this process. Some times, takes 5 to 10 minutes of checking and double checking motors
to make sure that all are working within the heat range. Knowing that, gives me confidence that drone will not fall out of sky because of one motor failure.

Also a good idea to buy a laser thermometer, good to see how hot motors get
and to see if fan does any good. Said this before, that you should measure the heat at the most important part of your drone. called the heatsink at the bottom or underside of the drone. The internal cooling fan kicks on when the core board temp gets to be about 110 degrees. It will keep the drone cool enough to avoid over heating. I like to keep temp gun close, and measure before and after flight. Heat sink temp should never get above 125 degrees,
or you rick frying your FcEsc board. My MP has skids that raise it 4 inch's above the ground, if I am taking motor temps while revving motors at high rpm. I will stick a ice pack under the body to help keep it cool during this process. Some times, takes 5 to 10 minutes of checking and double checking motors
to make sure that all are working within the heat range. Knowing that, gives me confidence that drone will not fall out of sky because of one motor failure.
GREAT info Spirfire.
I will take your advice and get the laser thermometer.
Then I can know for sure..
That’s brilliant about ice pack btw....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo