DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC Pro Gimbal Micro shakes

Anybody tried to open a case with DJI?
Yes I have and I'm really really pissed off. My now 2 week old mavic had gimbal warning messages out of the box and jello like video as mentioned and upon returning to DJI after a couple of short flights showing no improvement which has taken best part of a week they have got back to me with a quote for £266...!!!!!? WTF! No crashes, no damage what so ever and to make it worse no explanation on why they are trying to charge me. Just pay up, or use one of your DJI refresh options for £80! Fk that. DJI customer care at its best

I think they could possibly fix this with a firmware update if they wanted to. Possibly by allowing more voltage to gimbal motor to prevent unwanted movement.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I don't think this is the same, but I returned my Mavic Pro for gimbal vibration when flying at full speed with the camera pointing straight forward. It had the problem from day 1 and they wanted me to send it in for repair and I wasn't down for repairing a brand new product. I am waiting for the Mavic 2, hoping all of the issues are resolved by the time of its release.

I don't think this is the same, but I returned my Mavic Pro for gimbal vibration when flying at full speed with the camera pointing straight forward. It had the problem from day 1 and they wanted me to send it in for repair and I wasn't down for repairing a brand new product. I am waiting for the Mavic 2, hoping all of the issues are resolved by the time of its release.
yes this looks like something different. I would defenitely send it back to DJI. Theyre pretty good with repairs. you dont send it to China but instead a Place in California handles all of DJI Warranty repairs. Takes about 2-3 weeks total to get back repaired. Ive done it so i know the process. Best way to get started is via Chat at dji.com/support....its super easy process. they give u shipping label too all paid....

yes this looks like something different. I would defenitely send it back to DJI. Theyre pretty good with repairs. you dont send it to China but instead a Place in California handles all of DJI Warranty repairs. Takes about 2-3 weeks total to get back repaired. Ive done it so i know the process. Best way to get started is via Chat at dji.com/support....its super easy process. they give u shipping label too all paid....

I went ahead and just returned the Mavic, I really didn't want repair being done to a brand new item. I have had them repair a Phantom 3 for me previously which I received back with dust under the lens and a scratch on the glass. Not saying that is normal but the last thing I want is a refurb item I paid full price for.

Sudden braking will cause the shakes on occasion especially in sport mode, it's a small gimbal. Also I've seen video of the front gimbal tabs coming up above where they are supposed to be (underneath) you can use your fingers to carefully place the plate back into the body. If yours is out and you fix it I recommend a gimbal recalibration on a level surface. I only notice shaking when I'm booking it at 40 and slam on the brakes.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using the MavicPilots app

I think this might also happen more in cold conditions when the rubber of the damping is harder... seems logical?

I think it's caused by the Gimbal getting slammed onto the stops during sudden movements. Once it makes contact on the stops the full vibration of the body is transferred to the camera. Also I believe it bounces a bit on the stop and that causes a large shudder motion in the picture.

Same here, brand new mavic, optimal weather conditions, IMU, compass calibrated, newest firmware, NOT in sport mode.
And at every braking, it does this motion. It's really frustrating.
I know it's a smaller gimbal than my old Phantom, but i think it's unacceptable working behaviour from that quality product.
What will be the new headline for the ads?
"Perfect pictures until you stop" ?
I made a case for DJI, well see where it leads...

My Mavic has been doing this too but during smooth, slow forward flight. Not associated with hard turns or breaking. I've been shooting in 4K, so I'll try reducing the resolution and calibrate the gimbal to see if that helps.

My Mavic has been doing this too but during smooth, slow forward flight. Not associated with hard turns or breaking. I've been shooting in 4K, so I'll try reducing the resolution and calibrate the gimbal to see if that helps.
Ive finally managed to get DJI to repair mine for free after they ludicrously tried to charge to fix this same issue! They are replacing the camera and gimbal so they must know what the issue is?! Anyway hopefully I'll get it back in working order now.

I think that item is responsible for the hits. It knocks the back of the camera.
gimbal.jpg
I was wondering if i turn ON the 30 degree gimbal upward setting, Maybe allows more movement to the gimbal.
But we have really bad weather here in Hungary, so if anyone can try, please... :)

I tried , still the same issue. Or worse because if it happens your gimbal to be over 0 when you start moving it returns to 0 very harshly.

I have minimized (not eliminated) the issue by changing the Sensitivity settings.

Main controller settings >> Advanced Settings >> Sensitivity

Attitude : 100>>80
Brake : 130>>110

Not very happy though. I will try IMU , change props and if still have it , I will open a case

Whoever has progressed this with DJI , please report here

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hmm ok, looks Like Dji are sending me back a replacement mavic for my gimbal issues. What happens with my DJI care refresh now as it was registered to my previous one..?!?

Hmm ok, looks Like Dji are sending me back a replacement mavic for my gimbal issues. What happens with my DJI care refresh now as it was registered to my previous one..?!?

Did you experience these micro shakes only in sports mode or always ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

current status: DJI support creates me a case number, and they sent me a UPS package label to ship them back....

Last weekend, it was far too windy here in Greece. I did the IMU calibration and got even worse micro shakes but since it was so windy I cannot take it as a valid shot.
@outstanda those microshakes should not be happening, hence they must accept it as a valid claim under warranty and fix it for you for free.
Btw Budapest is a beautiful city, looking forward for your micro-shakes free videos :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair