DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC Pro Gimbal Micro shakes

My suggestion to avoid this problem is to reduce the aggressive braking by tweaking the values at: "MC Settings">"Advanced">"Stick Filtering">"Brake"... I have mine set at 70, and may possibly reduce that further.. This also means that you WILL need to fly the Mavic and not over rely on the obstacle avoidance since the Mavic may not stop in time if it sees an obstacle due to this setting.

To manually avoid this issue, just make sure you don't simply let go of the right stick from full forward to neutral. Simply move the stick slowly back from full throttle to the neutral position and you will be rewarded with much smoother video and remove all these issues from the video. Smooth and slow is the key...
I have reduced Braking in the advanced settings to 0 which is the lowest it will go.........its A little better but it still shakes...Very Bad when flying in reverse and sudden stopping. are there any other settings i can adjust? like attitude setting???

I have reduced Braking in the advanced settings to 0 which is the lowest it will go.........its A little better but it still shakes...Very Bad when flying in reverse and sudden stopping. are there any other settings i can adjust? like attitude setting???

Nothing. This is a gimbal error, and you should contact the seller or DJI for garantial repair.
They accepted my repair claim.
Now i'm waiting for the repair... it's in 2 weeks delay... they said they run out of components.

I sent it back once already. They could not find anything wrong with it. So now I'm stuck with this problem. They had my Mavic in CA for one month. Waste of time if u ask me. They All do it....

In my case, I tried replacing props, did IMU calibration very carefully with slow gentle moves, right after starting up the Mavic and after upgrading to the latest firmware the problem was gone. I only had those vibrations in sport mode though.

I sent it back once already. They could not find anything wrong with it. So now I'm stuck with this problem. They had my Mavic in CA for one month. Waste of time if u ask me. They All do it....

hmmm, that's interesting, because in my case they recognised the error, and offer free repair. What a mess is this whole DJI support. I'm very dissapointed.

Apparently, i've been discussing the very same issues on a different thread, not realizing this thread exists. I am getting quite a few of those micro shakes (didn't know that was the term), some of them are less "micro" than the other, but it seems to only reproduce while flying in sports mode in a rather strong wind. I've been trying to reproduce indoors to no avail, both by manually manipulating the Mavic rather aggressively (with motors off), taking off and shaking it in the air with the sticks input (as far as i could, its just a living room, not a warehouse), tapping on it while hovering etc, all stable. But those micro shakes EASILY reproduce in sports mode at windy conditions.

Any realistic suggestions other than RMA and non-aggressive flying?

you could downgrade firmware, then upgrade again. You could also try IMU recalibration , if you have spare props try replacing and see if these moves help you.

I've got the micro shakes as well once every min or so, not sure plus my gimbal does not calibrate so may be time for repair, no crashes.......

Guys, you wont believe this.... dji sent me a new unit instead of repairing... that's sounds good so far...
BUT THE NEW UNIT HAS AN ANOTHER KIND OF GIMBAL ERROR!!!
The microshakes gone, i can go as fast is i can and break, the image is still, but the horizon and yaw is slowly moving in still position...
So i think i had to leave this thread, and search one for this problem.
And send back the unit... this is ridiculous anyway...

Guys, you wont believe this.... dji sent me a new unit instead of repairing... that's sounds good so far...
BUT THE NEW UNIT HAS AN ANOTHER KIND OF GIMBAL ERROR!!!
The microshakes gone, i can go as fast is i can and break, the image is still, but the horizon and yaw is slowly moving in still position...
So i think i had to leave this thread, and search one for this problem.
And send back the unit... this is ridiculous anyway...

They always seem to do that - replace instead of repair. Try an IMU and gimbal calibration on the new drone before sending it back. It might help that issue. I've found sometimes - especially in fast sport mode - the horizon gets majorly tiled before an IMU calibration.

They always seem to do that - replace instead of repair. Try an IMU and gimbal calibration on the new drone before sending it back. It might help that issue. I've found sometimes - especially in fast sport mode - the horizon gets majorly tiled before an IMU calibration.

ehh, EVERYTHING was calibrated, twice! :) Not helps at all...

So... i send back the second unit, and i got my third drone from DJI, and i think i give it up.
This unit produces the braking gimbal shake/glitch error wich i experienced in the first drone,
AND the unstable, slowly moving horizon error from the second, replacement Mavic.
So, this unit does the glitch and the unstable horizon error together.

Wow, so sorry to hear that. :( I received a brand new replacement mavic from my dealer after 3 months and this one is good! I'm having a slight drunken horizon issue when panning left/right, just like in Sean Ozz's video, but this is something that i can definitely live with:
He apparently also fixed it after upgrading to firmware 600

So... i send back the second unit, and i got my third drone from DJI, and i think i give it up.
This unit produces the braking gimbal shake/glitch error wich i experienced in the first drone,
AND the unstable, slowly moving horizon error from the second, replacement Mavic.
So, this unit does the glitch and the unstable horizon error together.

This is disappointing to hear. I just sent in my Mavic for gimbal overload error, micro shakes, blurred focus and the camera even smacks the body of the mavic when it initializes. I'll report the success or failure of the repair here once I get the unit back.

Reactions: Mr Spock
This is disappointing to hear. I just sent in my Mavic for gimbal overload error, micro shakes, blurred focus and the camera even smacks the body of the mavic when it initializes. I'll report the success or failure of the repair here once I get the unit back.
They not repairing mavics, they replace the whole unit, whish you luck with the new one!

They not repairing mavics, they replace the whole unit, whish you luck with the new one!

After nearly a month of waiting I finally have my Mavic back and you're right, they replaced the whole unit based on comparing serial numbers. Had time for one test flight this afternoon and the problems appear to be resolved...

After nearly a month of waiting I finally have my Mavic back and you're right, they replaced the whole unit based on comparing serial numbers. Had time for one test flight this afternoon and the problems appear to be resolved...
Well, you are lucky, my first and second replacement was faulty too... i think i gonna request a money refund. I lost my confident in that model.

While the gimbal and camera on my replacement Mavic are working great now, the new Mavic will not go much faster than 30 mph in sport mode. I got it up to 31 mph with a slight tail wind. Disappointing...

While the gimbal and camera on my replacement Mavic are working great now, the new Mavic will not go much faster than 30 mph in sport mode. I got it up to 31 mph with a slight tail wind. Disappointing...
i'm not surprised at all....

I tried to live with the gimbal whiplash and the tilted horizon, because it's really small form factor, but i can't.
I need a realible drone, i think this is the most important part...
So they accepted my refund request, so i just have to send it back...

I hope the Mavic2 will be a perfect unit, and if it is, i will buy it :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123