DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC Pro Gimbal Micro shakes

ssgm1x

Reactions
Anybody else notice small micro shakes in the recorded video. Not sure if it's due to fast change in direction or what but every once in a while the gimbal shakes.
I also notice that when I playback video , the video constantly adjusts focus and u can see it in the playback ( video zooms in a little then out a little constantly trying to focus ). Very visible in playback.
Never had any of these issues with my P4

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yes. It only lasts two frames at most. Happens maybe once every 60-90 seconds. Almost subliminal, but if you playback frame-by-fame, it's very evident... The shaking, that is.

Hardware issue ? Do you think it's a faulty gimbal or the pins are loosening from the base ? Have you contacted DJI for answers ? Doesn't seem right to have this happening every 60 or 90 seconds as erkme73 quoted.

I should clarify... It happens as frequently as every minute or so, but there are times where I'll go two or three flights and not see/notice it at all. It may be triggered by a certain movement of the gimbal relative to angle of the MP. It's so subtle, I haven't investigated it. Just wanted to let OP know that he's it's not limited to his craft.

This happen to me today a few times micro shake on playback. Not sure if it's related but I was in 4K recording for the first time. Last 5 flights I never saw anything like this during playback.

This happen to me today a few times micro shake on playback. Not sure if it's related but I was in 4K recording for the first time. Last 5 flights I never saw anything like this during playback.

As was the case when I see the shakes. Have not tried any other resolutions yet.

I saw this myself, about thrice in a 10 minute flight. The shakes are definitely obvious and affect the focus too IMO

I don't know what other causes their may be, but today I found a correlation with braking suddenly. When flying a full throttle and letting go of the throttle, the MP will 'reverse thrust' momentarily, raising the front props up to act as a brake. That sudden movement from front dipped down (for full speed ahead) to raised up (braking) causes that micro shake. It's really hard to tie the two together since there is no other movement in the video that would help reveal that the airframe just moved from 20° forward pitch to 20° rear pitch (or more).

Perhaps it's more noticeable when utilizing nearly all of the available sensor at 4k? Either way, moderating the movement extremes ought to stop at least this cause.

Reactions: peros550
I don't know what other causes their may be, but today I found a correlation with braking suddenly. When flying a full throttle and letting go of the throttle, the MP will 'reverse thrust' momentarily, raising the front props up to act as a brake. That sudden movement from front dipped down (for full speed ahead) to raised up (braking) causes that micro shake. It's really hard to tie the two together since there is no other movement in the video that would help reveal that the airframe just moved from 20° forward pitch to 20° rear pitch (or more).

Perhaps it's more noticeable when utilizing nearly all of the available sensor at 4k? Either way, moderating the movement extremes ought to stop at least this cause.
These Gimbal Micro Shakes are annoying me big time. Every 30-60 seconds i get a small micro shake. Next time i fly i will put it in TRIPOD mode and see if i get any more micro shakes. I souldnt though.....I am assuming it is the Hard change in direction or Vigorous movement causing it.
PS......But i also have the Phantom 4 and and in Sport mode i get NO SHAKES AT ALL.......

I may just got to Bestbuy when they become available and purchase another Mavic on my credit card to see if it does it as well......(Gimbal Micro Shake)
If not, then i may pull the old switcherroo...LMAO

Makes Sense....Thanks.....but im going to try another Mavic out and see if it does it as well. Because i do not think everybody is getting these micro shakes....There would be a lot more people complaining about it......And i have not seen a single video on youtube from a Mavic Pro with ANY Micro Shakes......Its Very Annoying.....

Waiting patiently for mine hoping I don't have these issue. Has anyone checked the way the gimbal is sitting on the holding tabs. I've read some threads saying that helps. Having no idea what I'm talking about I hope it gets resolved.

My suggestion to avoid this problem is to reduce the aggressive braking by tweaking the values at: "MC Settings">"Advanced">"Stick Filtering">"Brake"... I have mine set at 70, and may possibly reduce that further.. This also means that you WILL need to fly the Mavic and not over rely on the obstacle avoidance since the Mavic may not stop in time if it sees an obstacle due to this setting.

To manually avoid this issue, just make sure you don't simply let go of the right stick from full forward to neutral. Simply move the stick slowly back from full throttle to the neutral position and you will be rewarded with much smoother video and remove all these issues from the video. Smooth and slow is the key...

+1 on the poster above. Its the whiplash I think that is causing the micro shakes. The gimbal may not be able 'react' (PID settings) fast or slow enough and hence the micro vibrations. I see this happen on underpowered gimbal motors or poorly balanced gimbals where the motor is overheating and microshaking. You need software to see the motors frequency and fine tune the PID.

So what I think is happening is that the fast braking may cause the camera to move faster then what the gimbal motor can handle. This is a little concerning if we do decide to use ND filters. If the ND filters are too heavy, then micro shakes will occur a lot more.

No luck. Tried everything. In sport mode it is so bad the video is unwatchable.
Anybody else see this???

I'm having this issue also. In 4k 24fps. It feels like the gimbal is shaking left to right just a bit and makes the image very soft, or out of focus. I've got jello video sometimes as well. This is really frustrating.

I agree with GregW. It is the whiplash causing the micro shake. I am going to have to go into settings and make the proper braking adjustments. Anybody have DJI GO 4 settings that work good on the Mavic Pro with no gimbal shake on whiplash ?

i agree, mine does that as well but I still don't think it's normal. This is just a workaround and it should work out of the box. If you lower the breaking percentage this would affect obstable avoidance. I've seen other rock solid steady mavics that don't have this issue out of the box. I've sent mine in for a replacement.

it pisses me off. I spent over 45 min trying different settings to reduce these whiplash gimbal shakes. Ican adjust the settings to correct for these shakes, i agree, but i should not have to do that... The gimbal on this unit is such a piece of fragile crap. Its actually held on by 4 rubber bands....its garbage....i am just waiting for the Mavic 2 Pro and hope this issue is resolved because this is a BIG ISSUE.....

Reactions: jcw_surf
Yeah i agree, i can't understand how the gimbal shakes in only some models..it would mean the rubber band quality is different?
Well apart from the shaking of the whole gimbal that's suspended, more worrying is the fact that the gimbal doesn't seem to keep up with those abrupt movements (like a poor PID issue).
Take a look at my vid here at 7:07 when i'm backing up the mavic:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan