DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Insurance Coverage

fiftiesnut

Reactions
After reading an article about getting insurance coverage through State Farm, I checked it out. I have had everything I own insured with State Farm for the last 60 years but that should not make a difference. I went to my local agent here in Edmond, OK with a printed copy of my purchase of the drone and accessories from Amazon. I first asked to purchase "Personal Article Protection" and that it was a drone. Long story short, they took pictures of the drone and the area under the battery where all the ID information is such as Serial number, model and other information. Because my wife already had such a policy on her jewelry, it cost me $44 per year. This should cover sever damage or loss to the drone with no deductible but does not cover liability to others be it personal or property. For me, the peace of mind of knowing my drone will be replaced in the event of a fly away or mechanical problems causing the drone to crash.

I don't have State Farm for anything anymore and they signed me up a policy full coverage no deductible $60 a year. Covers everything. Theft, crash, even water crash. Even if I did something dumb and caused the crash.

You guys are lucky, here in CA state farm wouldn't touch us.

After reading an article about getting insurance coverage through State Farm, I checked it out. I have had everything I own insured with State Farm for the last 60 years but that should not make a difference. I went to my local agent here in Edmond, OK with a printed copy of my purchase of the drone and accessories from Amazon. I first asked to purchase "Personal Article Protection" and that it was a drone. Long story short, they took pictures of the drone and the area under the battery where all the ID information is such as Serial number, model and other information. Because my wife already had such a policy on her jewelry, it cost me $44 per year. This should cover sever damage or loss to the drone with no deductible but does not cover liability to others be it personal or property. For me, the peace of mind of knowing my drone will be replaced in the event of a fly away or mechanical problems causing the drone to crash.

I've had a personal Articles policy with SF for my camera gear for more than 2 years now. I added our Mavic immediately once we got it. It was $60/year and adding the Mavic and 2 batteries only added $6 to my premium.

I think it really depends on the agent handling our policy because my agents office didn't want anything more than a receipt. I emailed it to them and it was in my policy within a week.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have had to make a claim already. I never had to make an insurance claim before and I was surprised at how professional and helpful the people assisting me on the phone were. Within 20 minutes of calling and explaining the situation, I was told I would be sent $1000 to buy a new Mavic. They only wanted to know a brief summary of what happened and that was it.

It's nice knowing State Farm is as good as I read they are.

Again, I think it really depends on your agent as far as taking out a policy and maybe I just got lucky with the people I spoke to about my claim.

This is really good to know. I have state farm and I definitely am going to check this out. Thanks for the heads up

After making the claim, any issue in continuing the coverage on the new Mavic? I assume at some point they would refuse coverage after multiple claims or raise the premium significantly.

After making the claim, any issue in continuing the coverage on the new Mavic? I assume at some point they would refuse coverage after multiple claims or raise the premium significantly.

I'm currently waiting for the process to unfold. So far this is what happened. Crash happened 9/10. Called them on 9/12. Within 15 minutes on the phone I was told they would send me $1000 via bank transfer. Two days after that the $1000 hit my bank account.

The agent said they will of course be removing the Mavic from the policy because it "doesn't exist" anymore. And they when I purchase a new one, I can call my agent up and re-add it if they allow me too, whether with an increased premium or not. My agents treated it just like a camera. Nobody seemed to care it was a drone. But others may have a different perspective.

However, if they don't let you add it, you could have a significant other open a separate personal Articles policy.

So far I've made 3 claims to my State Farm PAP, not for a drone but computer and network equipment that got fried by lightning. There's never been an issue, always been paid quickly with no hassle and no increase in policy cost. Since my drones are covered under the same policy, along with my camera stuff, I can't imagine a drone claim would be any different.

Reactions: JMF
I am in the process of getting insurance thru State Farm. The hang up right now is I don’t have a receipt for my iPad mini 4 - their underwriter is reviewing right now.

If they don’t cover the tablet it’s $41 a year, if they are able to add the ipad it will be $9 a year extra.

Good deal I think.

i am in Florida and longtime State Farm customer. I called - they said insurance is only for hobbyist. If doing commercial in any way - not covered.

I don't have State Farm for anything anymore and they signed me up a policy full coverage no deductible $60 a year. Covers everything. Theft, crash, even water crash. Even if I did something dumb and caused the crash.
SO what is the point you're making, or what you mean.Could you clarify ?

My State Farm agent told me that they only provide insurance for hobbyist. If planning to use for commercial use - they will not insure drone.

I insured with State Farm today. For sixty(60) dollars a year it included the Drone and accessories, Titandrones Command Ground Station, Titandrones Atlas and Cyclone antennas, batteries and chargers,... etc. No deductible and only hobby usage, but it was smooth and ‘painless ‘. If you’re in the Maryland. Virginia, D.C. area just call Justin at 1-410-444-8800. Happy, safe flying,...[emoji106]

Reactions: chazzm
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54