DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro just flew away!

Not trying to point fingers of judgement, but did you employ aeronautical decision making (ADM)? That's part of the FAA 107 for UAS certification. Not sure if a METAR report was available in the area that you flew in, but knowing the weather in the vacinity before flight may have prevented your mishap.
Please. :rolleyes:

He sounds like a hobbyist.

Flying purely FPV, like a lot of unexperienced and unqualified pilots tend to do, actually asks for a lot of training. It's called IFR, Instrument Flying Rules training and certification, not available for UAV pilots yet, at least in the countries I know.

Sure, flying FPV is fun, like you're in the cockpit or a playing a videogame and so on. Many UAV 'pilots' wouldn't even know how to fly otherwise. Learning to control your bird while watching it VLOS is quite different. Like someone here said already, even while having it close in VLOS, a sudden wind can become problematic, but at least you actually see the bird fighting it and you can take control, or even crashland it nearby.

Reactions: Mavic19963
Winds aloft vs ground level winds. There is indeed a difference. Whenever I get high wind warnings and I can validate the mavic is no longer controllable, I immediately descend to a lower altitude where the wind is not as strong. In every case I have been able to regain flight control over the wind's control.

Reactions: Mavic19963

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest