DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro launch in NF Zone

GregS

Reactions
I got LAANC approval to launch in a NFZ at 50 ft. When getting the approval, it asked for Aircraft; Mavic Pro; Timer..set for 1 hr; Battery, set as Mavic Pro; and that was the end! No way to get off that page to go back to Go4 App. Tried to fly; rotors would not start saying I am in a No Fly Zone. So what is the solution for this.

Did you do the DJI unlock through the Fly Safe site?

Fly Safe Site? Not sure where that is. Thinking that if I had LAANC approval in B4U Fly, that would work...as it has before.

Fly Safe Site? Not sure where that is. Thinking that if I had LAANC approval in B4U Fly, that would work...as it has before.
Obtaining the LAANC is only one step in the process when using a DJI drone. After getting LAANC approval you must also go to the DJI Fly Safe website to apply for an unlock key. Once DJI approves it, you follow the instructions on how to import the key to your aircraft.

I got LAANC approval to launch in a NFZ at 50 ft. When getting the approval, it asked for Aircraft; Mavic Pro; Timer..set for 1 hr; Battery, set as Mavic Pro; and that was the end! No way to get off that page to go back to Go4 App. Tried to fly; rotors would not start saying I am in a No Fly Zone. So what is the solution for this.
Remember you are flying a DJI drone. What you've done so far is the same thing an individual flying an Autel drone would do. The biggest complaint is the DJI drone requires an extra step.

And kinda OT, I don't like to call them No Fly Zones which is a bit misleading because it doesn't require Special Permission. These are no drone zones in restricted or controlled airspace but you can get authorization to fly. To me, a NFZ is like over a military base or the White House where you will be intercepted if you enter. Places where you are absolutely not allowed to fly a drone. But I digress.

Reactions: ItsFitz
That's amazing. Never had to do that before. Went to Fly Safe and wanted me to log in...I am logged into this site, but it said I must log in again. It went through the robot, click on each square that contains....then it wanted me to check my Tablet for a code. That tablet is 2500 miles away. Would not let me use phone #. So right now I'm stuck.

Remember you are flying a DJI drone. What you've done so far is the same thing an individual flying an Autel drone would do. The biggest complaint is the DJI drone requires an extra step.

And kinda OT, I don't like to call them No Fly Zones which is a bit misleading because it doesn't require Special Permission. These are no drone zones in restricted or controlled airspace but you can get authorization to fly. To me, a NFZ is like over a military base or the White House where you will be intercepted if you enter. Places where you are absolutely not allowed to fly a drone. But I digress.
I agree. I am a Part 61 Commercial Pilot and Retired Military Pilot. NFZ is just that....NO FLYING PERIOD! (Unless you get some unwanted company)

The way DJI does GEO Zones is so bad it should be a liability issue. But there is no connection between LAANC and DJI. But for future refence, if you're in what DJI calls an "Authorization Zone" (which based on your post you were) then you need to go through the DJI website and upload your FAA authorization as GFields mentions. If you're in a DJI "enhanced warning zone" you basically just have to check a disclaimer box. If you're in a DJI "Warning Zone" you may or may not get a warning message popup.

I wish I could say that these sort of correspond to the different LAANC grid allowance heights, but they don't. For example, a LAANC 400 grid I regularly fly in is labeled by DJI as a Warning Zone with a max altitude of 500ft. I don't get any warning flying there. In another area I fly, DJI lists it as an "Enhanced Warning Zone" with an altitude limit of 500ft, but it's actually a zero grid!

Reactions: GFields
Tried logging into Fly Safe site and it says email or password incorrect. 100% know it is correct.
Guess I will have to go to another area to fly. I was in our sons backyard.

I too fly an M1P. I installed the software from NLD on my drone. There have been times, depending on the wind and the flight paths that my house was just inside (about 50 yards) a NFZ. Now common sense says to not fly stupid but if i just wanted to take some photos from roof top height of family functions or to play with my dogs I dont see an issue

nld

I have 3 drones. Mavic, Mini 1 and Mini 3 pro. The old Mavic uses DJI GO4. The Minis use DJI Fly. For the mini 3 pro, I have the RC. The other two I fly with my phone. The boundaries of the DJI restricted areas are inconsistent. Places I could easily fly with the original Mavic and were not showing as being in a restricted area on Airmap were off limits with the Mini. The m3p seems less restricted and I often get a message that altitude is restricted to a level far above the 400 foot limit, so I can fly, but I do keep it below that altitude. Those restrictions often appear in areas where there is no altitude restriction on the maps.

Tried logging into Fly Safe site and it says email or password incorrect. 100% know it is correct.
Guess I will have to go to another area to fly. I was in our sons backyard.
I tried again later and it let me in. Picky little app.....

I have 3 drones. Mavic, Mini 1 and Mini 3 pro. The old Mavic uses DJI GO4. The Minis use DJI Fly. For the mini 3 pro, I have the RC. The other two I fly with my phone. The boundaries of the DJI restricted areas are inconsistent. Places I could easily fly with the original Mavic and were not showing as being in a restricted area on Airmap were off limits with the Mini. The m3p seems less restricted and I often get a message that altitude is restricted to a level far above the 400 foot limit, so I can fly, but I do keep it below that altitude. Those restrictions often appear in areas where there is no altitude restriction on the maps.
I have the Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro. I had the P4P out here a couple of years ago and things were different. No LAANC, however, the P4P would not start the rotors. So must have been the GEO Fencing blocking it back then.

Obtaining the LAANC is only one step in the process when using a DJI drone. After getting LAANC approval you must also go to the DJI Fly Safe website to apply for an unlock key. Once DJI approves it, you follow the instructions on how to import the key to your aircraft.
I have been flying my M1 and P4P for years and only had one other time the motors would not start. Guess I have been very lucky!

I have been flying my M1 and P4P for years and only had one other time the motors would not start. Guess I have been very lucky!
Yes. If this is the first time you have attempted to fly in restricted airspace.
Did you try resetting your password ?

Like I mentioned, been having some problems in a NFZ after being cleared by LAANC. Was told I must be cleared by DJI to fly here. Finally realized I needed to d/l the Fly Safe app. After jumping through many hoops, it wanted me to add a device. Went to Mavic Pro and was asked for the S/N of the controller. It is NOT listed on the controller. Found that I need to open the Fly Safe app to get S/N. Cant open the app unless I add Device. Sort of like 'Catch 22'. I finally gave up. It's more difficult than landing a plane on an Aircraft Carrier.
Think I will just go out of the area and fly around Mt Hood here in Oregon. Don't think there is a NFZ there!

Like I mentioned, been having some problems in a NFZ after being cleared by LAANC. Was told I must be cleared by DJI to fly here. Finally realized I needed to d/l the Fly Safe app. After jumping through many hoops, it wanted me to add a device. Went to Mavic Pro and was asked for the S/N of the controller. It is NOT listed on the controller. Found that I need to open the Fly Safe app to get S/N. Cant open the app unless I add Device. Sort of like 'Catch 22'. I finally gave up. It's more difficult than landing a plane on an Aircraft Carrier.
Think I will just go out of the area and fly around Mt Hood here in Oregon. Don't think there is a NFZ there!
Not the app, that is NOT DJI. Go to the Flysafe website. Unlock - DJI FlySafe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor