DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro launch in NF Zone

Like I mentioned, been having some problems in a NFZ after being cleared by LAANC. Was told I must be cleared by DJI to fly here. Finally realized I needed to d/l the Fly Safe app. After jumping through many hoops, it wanted me to add a device. Went to Mavic Pro and was asked for the S/N of the controller. It is NOT listed on the controller. Found that I need to open the Fly Safe app to get S/N. Cant open the app unless I add Device. Sort of like 'Catch 22'. I finally gave up. It's more difficult than landing a plane on an Aircraft Carrier.
Think I will just go out of the area and fly around Mt Hood here in Oregon. Don't think there is a NFZ there!
Yes, DJI FlySafe is crap! There are two steps to unlock a zone, go to FAA and get authorized to fly in the zone via the USA gov. Second, go to the horrible Chinese DJI FlySafe app and (set up account) enter the same zone info to unlock the drone. Trying to get the unlocking certificate to download to your device is another battle. Rarely works. And you better do all of this in the studio first... not on location. My personal pet peeve is that even with authorization from the FAA, if you don't unlock the drone with China's approval, you will not be able to fly in US airspace. So nuts.

Yes, DJI FlySafe is crap! There are two steps to unlock a zone, go to FAA and get authorized to fly in the zone via the USA gov. Second, go to the horrible Chinese DJI FlySafe app and (set up account) enter the same zone info to unlock the drone. Trying to get the unlocking certificate to download to your device is another battle. Rarely works. And you better do all of this in the studio first... not on location. My personal pet peeve is that even with authorization from the FAA, if you don't unlock the drone with China's approval, you will not be able to fly in US airspace. So nuts.
I live by a small airport and when i stay in albuq, almost under the runway if flying the mavic pro 40 at no limit drones can help i bet

almost under the runway if flying the mavic pro 40 at no limit drones can help i bet
In case the OP is not familiar with NLD, I ~think~ what he's ^^^ saying is:

The Mavic Pro and MPP firmware can be modified by software from the No Limit Drones website to eliminate DJI Geozone interference to your flights... cost ~$40.

No more hassle with that then, just stay legal with the FAA - which is the way it SHOULD BE to begin with!

Reactions: ShurikenSky
I have the NLD software on my M1P. My house is about 100 yards inside a NFZ and if the wind is out of the north it is in the flight plan (though the aircraft are way in excess of 400 feet). I can fly from my driveway at will. The NLD software works great but it still requires the pilot to be smart and diligent. kind of like saying "just cause you have a gun doesn't mean you can go shooting folks."

Reactions: ShurikenSky

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1