DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro lost connection and never came back

No, I'm pointing out the ignorance where you claimed to switch to atti mode to get it to break mission and regain control. The Mavic is not capable of such a switch. Failure to understand the basics of how your bird functions before attempting an advanced mission with an unsupported third party application points to pilot error. Nothing more. It's not the birds fault, nor DJI. Folk are quick to refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

Same thing would be said if I crashed a 737. I fly general aviation planes, so that experience directly translates to the 737, but I don't know it's specific systems or quirks, so any mishap would be pilot error.

Reactions: Rpeeps
I said I switched to sports mode. That does pause Drone harmony mid flight. I didnt mean to say I flicked a switch to Atti mode, with gps signal loss the mavic automatically goes into atti and i was going to manually fly the drone. Doesnt matter anyway because the RC wouldnt reconnect. i dont think you get that part of it. Doesnt matter how skilled or experienced the pilot is, there isnt **** you can do if the bird isnt talking to the remote. What exactly is my error other than semantics? Your 737 analogy doesnt fly ... I couldnt take over control of the drone. I didnt sit there twiddling my thumbs while my waypoint mission flew my Mavic into a tree, it was 45m up and i was diligent in watching the video feed.

How is it an advanced mission? i flew a circle around my neighbourhood at the same altitude. Third party doesnt matter the software cant make or break the RC's connection. technically you can fly manually with no app. Did drone harmony somehow just fry my drone's battery? They use the DJI SDK, its not some hack job app that somehow managed to connect to the Mavic.

Failure to understand the basics of how your bird functions before attempting an advanced mission with an unsupported third party application points to pilot error. Nothing more. It's not the birds fault, nor DJI. Folk are quick to refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

here is a quote from DJI, one of their admins on their forum.
Hello #####, after receive your drone, our engineers will evaluate it first and they will analyse the flight data. They will know if the damage is caused by third party app or being dropped.

Can you upload your DH flight log. Maybe I can read it. Albeit with great effort needed. Maybe I can help you out with the analysis.

Can you upload your DH flight log. Maybe I can read it. Albeit with great effort needed. Maybe I can help you out with the analysis.
I have all the way points but here is a link to the google drive i have all the files for DJI drone stuff - Google Drive the DH logs are in the folding drone dir.
If you could figure out if there was some type of malfunction that would be nice. I appreciate any help, I just returned from another hour of searching. :(

If you feel adventurous you could try to make sense of the decrypted "fatal.log" file fatal-log-decrypted.txt from the RC's blackbox

Here is a map Drone flight path of everything ive determined so far as well as my gps track record form searching. If anyone has any ideas to narrow the search down. So far I have determined that a decent old school compass is more trust worthy than my phone's GPS. Ive been using trail marking tape to mark off key areas. I have been planning each trek with the previous days footstep record in mind to cover more area.

Last edited:
I have all the way points but here is a link to the google drive i have all the files for DJI drone stuff - Google Drive the DH logs are in the folding drone dir.
If you could figure out if there was some type of malfunction that would be nice. I appreciate any help, I just returned from another hour of searching. :(

If you feel adventurous you could try to make sense of the decrypted "fatal.log" file fatal-log-decrypted.txt from the RC's blackbox

Here is a map Drone flight path of everything ive determined so far as well as my gps track record form searching. If anyone has any ideas to narrow the search down. So far I have determined that a decent old school compass is more trust worthy than my phone's GPS. Ive been using trail marking tape to mark off key areas. I have been planning each trek with the previous days footstep record in mind to cover more area.
I just looked at the DH flight logs. They are absolutely useless. They didn't record anything but position/battery and recording time when I glanced at them. I wouldn't rely on Drone Harmony if they can't be arsed to make decent flight log recorder. I looked at the fatal.log which appears to be about the remote controller itself. There's nothing about the drone in there. I'm sorry to say it, but I can't help unless you recover the drone and upload it's flight log which is very detailed. Only then can DJI and us forum members analyze what went wrong.

I just looked at the DH flight logs. They are absolutely useless. They didn't record anything but position/battery and recording time when I glanced at them. I wouldn't rely on Drone Harmony if they can't be arsed to make decent flight log recorder. I looked at the fatal.log which appears to be about the remote controller itself. There's nothing about the drone in there. I'm sorry to say it, but I can't help unless you recover the drone and upload it's flight log which is very detailed. Only then can DJI and us forum members analyze what went wrong.
Thanks anyway. I'm going to keep looking for the drone.

The logs you are referring to here are created by DJI on the mobile device. So far we have not implemented flight logs. Currently we only recorded the flown flight path which is also displayed in app.

To help mryeje in finding his drone we provided him with a simple log file containing Lat & Long information that he used to import it into google maps.

With the next update this basic log file will be available as an export feature. With future updates additional information will be added to this log file and the log file will be compatible to use with the tool https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/.

I was up in Truro last Saturday with my Mavic and P3A, just a suggestion, can you use another drone to search from above?
I found a guy through a local photographer that has a P4 pro and an inspire, he agreed to fly the drone over the area here->
. Although the footage is clear, looking through the foliage is futile.

I found a guy through a local photographer that has a P4 pro and an inspire, he agreed to fly the drone over the area here->
. Although the footage is clear, looking through the foliage is futile.
Sorry to hear that, problem in Nova Scotia is that you are never far from a tree or a power line. I would not give up on $1000 and I hope you find it.

The logs you are referring to here are created by DJI on the mobile device. So far we have not implemented flight logs. Currently we only recorded the flown flight path which is also displayed in app.

To help mryeje in finding his drone we provided him with a simple log file containing Lat & Long information that he used to import it into google maps.

With the next update this basic log file will be available as an export feature. With future updates additional information will be added to this log file and the log file will be compatible to use with the tool https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/.
Please support AirData as well.

I was flying a way point mission via Drone Harmony and the Mavic was 70% finished and flying over a forest when the app changed out of an "active mission state" (just what im calling it) to the planning section. The controller said that it was trying to reconnect. I pushed RTH and stood there for a long 10 mins, it never came back. The people at DH gave me instructions on where to find the GPS coordinates from the last way point. Some friends and i are going to look for it tonight after work.

There was 60 percent battery life left, no errors, no wind, and 45m up with no obstacles ; is it possible this was a defect? I didnt get the insurance so I suppose I'm SOL.
I lost connection in forest 11000 ft altitude. Came right back. Lucky

Sorry for your loss. Assuming your Mavic was set to RTH in case of signal loss, and RTH didn't complete then you should try think what was the RTH altitude and if there were any obstacles in the area in that altitude. Furthermore, if the Mavic had Obstacle Avoidance enabled, and on its way back the sun would be in front of it that could be an issue as the sun very often is falsely picked up by the front cameras as an object and interrupts the RTH procedure causing an emergency landing a few minutes later when the battery runs out.
Sorry to chime in, yesterday I flew my mavic out about 400m and turned it around 180 to fly it back in, and it wouldn't come forward at all. I could go up and down, and sideways but not forward. Obstacle avoidance keeps flashing on my screen. I had to fly it sideways for a break before I could return it back safely. It was a really sunny day, do you think this could have been because of the sun?

Please support AirData as well.
The log files are coming along quite well. We will contact AirData and LogViewer soon with a request to work on compatibility. The next update will provide the log files already and we expect to have compatibility with the update after.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
I lost connection in forest 11000 ft altitude. Came right back. Lucky
We added the remote control signal connection strength and it will be availble with the next update. Hopefully that will help users in intervening during a flight where the connection signals becomes very weak.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec