DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Lost over dam

Well, DJI have met me at 1/2 price on the basic unit.
Their crazy expensive price still makes it $650aud, but at least it's something.

Still not super excited about the whole deal but it'll have to do, nothing else you can do except suck it up and get on with it....
Glad to hear they came down for you. Sorry it wasn't a total replacement. I wonder if it's new or refurbished?
Did you see you can buy a refurbed one on ebay, direct from DJI, for $699 (I think). That's the full kit.

I saw your later post about not being able to trust the unit for your intended filming. I wouldn't let the loss hold you back. Your experience was certainly in the minority for owners. Life is short, enjoy your toy!

Reactions: cderoche
After reading all of the posts, it is a tricky situation.

I can feel for Muppet when your "baby" goes down and is a loss. But it's also tough to put all the blame on DJI and mistrusting them when it's a "he said, she said" type of situation.
DJI can't go around giving out new drones everytime someone has a crash and says it wasn't there fault. There evidence says that nothing was wrong on their end and that the bird didn't malfunction.
Since the bird is gone, there isn't any way to a postmortem on the ground for any indications. Also, there hasn't been an upload for any of us to peruse and see if we can find anything.
Right now, the only answer that has real backup to it is DJI saying that the data shows nothing went wrong.
I feel for you Muppet, but I feel that the mistrust is not fully warranted without any real backup. You say nothing went wrong, and point to videos, but have no real backup on it.
I know you said that the battery was in, but I've seen videos of guys with the batteries "click" in, but only one side fully clicked in. Needless to say, this would end with a situation similar to yours.
You would think that if one motor went out, it would show in the data and you would have a claim. But again, no data for us to even look at, so we have to trust that DJI looked and didn't see a motor problem, blade problem, battery problem, etc.
I'm not saying that DJI is 100% right in this, but without data from your side and no drone or real proof, there is nothing that can really be done.
It sucks, but I'm just saying not to put all the blame on DJI without real proof that it was there fault.

After reading all of the posts, it is a tricky situation.

I can feel for Muppet when your "baby" goes down and is a loss. But it's also tough to put all the blame on DJI and mistrusting them when it's a "he said, she said" type of situation.
DJI can't go around giving out new drones everytime someone has a crash and says it wasn't there fault. There evidence says that nothing was wrong on their end and that the bird didn't malfunction.
Since the bird is gone, there isn't any way to a postmortem on the ground for any indications. Also, there hasn't been an upload for any of us to peruse and see if we can find anything.
Right now, the only answer that has real backup to it is DJI saying that the data shows nothing went wrong.
I feel for you Muppet, but I feel that the mistrust is not fully warranted without any real backup. You say nothing went wrong, and point to videos, but have no real backup on it.
I know you said that the battery was in, but I've seen videos of guys with the batteries "click" in, but only one side fully clicked in. Needless to say, this would end with a situation similar to yours.
You would think that if one motor went out, it would show in the data and you would have a claim. But again, no data for us to even look at, so we have to trust that DJI looked and didn't see a motor problem, blade problem, battery problem, etc.
I'm not saying that DJI is 100% right in this, but without data from your side and no drone or real proof, there is nothing that can really be done.
It sucks, but I'm just saying not to put all the blame on DJI without real proof that it was there fault.
Thanks for the reply.
I've calmed down a little bit, but it will be a while before I can trust the new unit
(was actually new, not a refurb)

The fact that the logged flight showed the random compass direction, altitude down to below take off height (under water)& then the motor obstructed on splashdown tells me the battery was not the cause.
As you mentioned, a lost prop or motor failure should have logged in the Files DJI went through.
Likewise, contact with some unseen obstacle or a bird attack should have shown 'motor obstructed'.
All I got from DJI was that the craft Flipped over and couldn't fault the flying or the craft, hence the 50:50 agreement.

I do still have my sense of humour, I'll be naming the new craft 'Red October'

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt