DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro lost (then stolen)

I use a Trackimo GPS tracker that works on Cell Tower, GPS and Blue Tooth when close to the device. Also I would check if possible the roofs of the close by buildings just in case, yhou may have to get someone with a drone to search the roofs for you!!!

Last edited:
Maybe you can look at the video of the last moments of the flight. Who knows, you might see someone stealing it, or a license plate or something. It's on your device if you had it set to store video on your FPV device. I know a guy that has video of a person shooting at his drone, got his vehicle and a lot of other info the police used to arrest the jerk.

The aircraft was at 13% battery, and in autolanding mode. It was landing, no question. Unfortunately, it was landing in the middle of the road, so not surprising if it was run over and/or picked up by an annoyed driver or passerby.

Now we advice me to check the roof of the building ...
How precise is all this ? I remember when i canceled landing i saw on FPV the white lines of the road :(
There was 13% of battery when i lost FPV, so i believe the drone was hovering for like 3min before it lands, right ?
It's 30Km/h road but it could be worst anyway ! i'm happy i did not do any damages to a car or a person (i'd knew it)

I will call the police station this week to see if someone left it there

Thanks

Maybe you can look at the video of the last moments of the flight. Who knows, you might see someone stealing it, or a license plate or something. It's on your device if you had it set to store video on your FPV device. I know a guy that has video of a person shooting at his drone, got his vehicle and a lot of other info the police used to arrest the jerk.
The recording has stoped because of the limit video cache on the phone storage !
On the sd card, there's some footage of myself, nephew and niece and the place where i fly we can easily recognize !
The person who picked the craft up wants really to keep it :(

I think if it we're my Mavic, just for piece of mind I would find someone with a drone to fly over the suspect area and roofs in hopes that you might spot your Mavic. Again, if it were mine and it went missing, I would be wishing I had a locator on it.They transmit for days until they are shut off.

I think if it we're my Mavic, just for piece of mind I would find someone with a drone to fly over the suspect area and roofs in hopes that you might spot your Mavic. Again, if it were mine and it went missing, I would be wishing I had a locator on it.They transmit for days until they are shut off.
i totally understand you ! i know no one with a drone with camera who can do that for me :(
I think even if it had the gps tracker, the person who picked it up can remove it and throw it away !
I mean it's a cool stuff only if you land your drone without people around with bad intentions

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the manual, but I'm assuming there is no way to completely disable the Mavic (like, say, a cell phone) to essentially make it useless to anyone else other than for parts?

Last edited:
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the manual, but I'm assuming there is no way to completely disable the Mavic (like, say, a cell phone) to essentially make it useful to anyone else other than for parts?
Nah there's not a such option unfortunately ! Maybe later

This is why I have insurance and a tracker. For $80 it covers everything for a year with 0 deductible. Also if you fly in a populated area, you could get a tile. Then when you loose it, you activate lost mode on the tile app. So when someone with a tile app (I have found many people do) is nearby, it will send you it's location. Did you have your phone number on the drone?

are there any other dji owners in your area that can help do a Search? Just a thought.

This is why I have insurance and a tracker. For $80 it covers everything for a year with 0 deductible. Also if you fly in a populated area, you could get a tile. Then when you loose it, you activate lost mode on the tile app. So when someone with a tile app (I have found many people do) is nearby, it will send you it's location. Did you have your phone number on the drone?
i just discovered this app exists ! i used the only "find my drone" feature available in DJI Go app.
Nah my craft was virgin ! i put nothing, and to be honest, that woulden't change anything (when you are unlucky, your stuff fall into bad hands)
That said, i'll put a tracker and phone number on my futur drone (+ a cool skin to be recognized)

DJI support answer,
The flyaway caused by wind ... (In fact, there's no any strong wind)

----

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-XXXXXXXXXX, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1)The aircraft worked at GPS mode in flight.
2)The attitude of aircraft proved that there was a strong wind in flight, the wind interference caused the aircraft drifted away.
3)At 19:55, h=142m, d=435m, 19% battery power left, the aircraft initiated the critically low battery landing mode.
4)At 21:12, h=6m, d=437m, the record stopped while the aircraft was landing.

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction factors but flight environment.
As such, we could not provide warranty service. Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Poppy
DJI Tech Support
DJI - The Future Of Possible

Attachments

• pic 1.png
    pic 1.png
    810.4 KB · Views: 55
DJI support answer,
The flyaway caused by wind ... (In fact, there's no any strong wind)

----

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-XXXXXXXXXX, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1)The aircraft worked at GPS mode in flight.
2)The attitude of aircraft proved that there was a strong wind in flight, the wind interference caused the aircraft drifted away.
3)At 19:55, h=142m, d=435m, 19% battery power left, the aircraft initiated the critically low battery landing mode.
4)At 21:12, h=6m, d=437m, the record stopped while the aircraft was landing.

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction factors but flight environment.
As such, we could not provide warranty service. Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Poppy
DJI Tech Support
DJI - The Future Of Possible

On the question of the wind, the data actually suggest that there was significant wind. The AirData analysis shows sustained 20+ mph winds at altitudes of above 300 ft (where the aircraft spent much of that flight) blowing the aircraft away from you, which was the primary reason that it made slow progress on the way back and ran out of battery power. DJI will have seen the same data, and hence their observation.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas