DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Motor Mod

My 1st flight with just the stock battery went well. I’m not used to flying just the stock battery so I don’t have much experience with how it acts. I may have flown once with it all stock before I did this mod so my experience with it may be how it acts normally and just not normal to me.

It seemed really quiet (stealth like) …It seems like it’s putting no effort into flying. 4000 to 5000 RPM’s even at 33mph. it was like having props connected to a feather. There may be some confusion with the Mavic programing and what its actually doing (if that makes sense) I may have to try and figure this out later and possibly try to adjust some flight parameters. I only got a little over 20min with this until it went into auto landing and I think that is low from what I saw others are getting all stock but not sure. The motors were cool to the touch but the battery was a little warm when it landed and Airdata showed higher than normal current so I thought it may need higher voltage on my next flight

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

My 2nd flight I decided to go with a 4s battery(s) like the p3. and it didn't go very well. I loaded it down with some heavy batteries. 1 - 4s MS8 LIHV and 2 - Protek 4s 4200 LIHV’s. It weighed 2045 grams and let’s just say a picture is worth 1000 words. Back to the drawing board.

And FYI remember that guy in those old time, learning to fly, flying clips that’s running down the hill with those wings on his arms flapping them and falls all over the place? Well that’s me. :)

View attachment 35841View attachment 35842View attachment 35843View attachment 35844View attachment 35845View attachment 35846
4s ,any voltage reg. device?

4s ,any voltage reg. device?
You can go into Assistant and switch to “Non DJi Battery” and also select 4S instead of 3S. Off the top of my head I do not remember if you can bring the voltage up to 14+, which would be necessary using a 4S battery if the cells are 3.7v cells. M1 that is. M2 uses 4S batteries as you guys already know.

Reactions: UncleJT
You can go into Assistant and switch to “Non DJi Battery” and also select 4S instead of 3S. Off the top of my head I do not remember if you can bring the voltage up to 14+, which would be necessary using a 4S battery if the cells are 3.7v cells. M1 that is. M2 uses 4S batteries as you guys already know.
Thanks rad I have not done anything in the assistant app yet. I’m imagining a whole bunch of fun.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Have anyone tried the 4S setting on MP. I bought a P4 battery cells and would like to run on MP should it takes 4S. Else I'll run as 3s using P4 cells. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman