DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Do you mean the light on the Mavic? I don't think the controller has a green light.
No, I was thinking of the light on the Mavic Air remote controller. For the Mavic Pro, wait until the screen shows it's connected to the Mavic (which is what the green light means on the Mavic Air remote controller).

When it disconnects, does unplugging the phone and plugging it back in cause it to reconnect?

Last edited:
When it disconnects, does unplugging the phone and plugging it back in cause it to reconnect?
Disconnecting/reconnecting your phone will not affect the connection between the Mavic and remote controller.

Disconnecting/reconnecting your phone will not affect the connection between the Mavic and remote controller.
Apologies, I meant to reply to OP who I realize now has not responded in some time as I was having the exact same issue.
The remote is connected to the mavic, but the phone disconnects from the remote.
Unplugging the phone and plugging it back in brought the connection back between the phone/app and the controller.

Hi all I’m having the same problem the last month using iPhone 8plus, everyone tells me to use the other USB port , but you shouldn’t have to .I’m guessing it’s a Go 4 issue , hoping next update will fix. In a 25 minute flight it will disconnect 2-3 times and reconnect still operating the Mavic. I’ve installed the app cleared cache , restarted phone , tried everything , very frustrating !

Hi all I’m having the same problem the last month using iPhone 8plus, everyone tells me to use the other USB port , but you shouldn’t have to
Here are some things to check:
  • Make sure the micro USB port is clean on the remote controller (free of any debris inside)
  • Make sure the cable is fully inserted into the Lightning port (sometimes tough when the phone is in a case)
  • Try using a different cable to rule out a dodgy cable

Reactions: Odom1957
Here are some things to check:
  • Make sure the micro USB port is clean on the remote controller (free of any debris inside)
  • Make sure the cable is fully inserted into the Lightning port (sometimes tough when the phone is in a case)
  • Try using a different cable to rule out a dodgy cable

I had similar problems with iPhone 6, app disconnecting/failing to connect, remote connecting fine. Needed to try wiggle plug and replug few times to get a connection.

Took a paper clip and cleaned out all the pocket lint out the lightning port on the phone...

Now works perfectly again!
(And iPhone charger disconnects also fixed!)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest