DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro owners that have had no problems what are u running.

Eye Phone 7+, no issues other than the battery life seems to be deplete at a greater rate on the phone when flying the MP,comparing it against "normal" use day to day.

Not an Apple guy at all.. but, flew with Android (moto turbo 2) and lost video feed around 400-600 feet. Researched and bought the iPad Mini 4 (wifi 16GB). Perfect flights, perfect video feed. No issues, other than learning how to work the iPad!

Huawei Mate 8, everything perfect since November and having followed all updates (incl. phone OS).

Hi I got my Mavic Pro on its way and I am just wondering all those that have had no problems what are you running as tablet phone apps etc..

Google Nexus 7 2013 tablet with LTE for the main. No issues at all.
Sometimes my Nexus 5X phone, again no issues at all.

Both devices on the latest OS level (6 and 7.1.2 respectively). Firmware .900, latest DJI go.

Huawei Mate 8, everything perfect since November and having followed all updates (incl. phone OS).

So you are on Android 7? My Huawei P9 lite is still on 6 since I read that 7 caused issues here and there. Maybe it's time to upgrade

I use an iPad Mini 4 on all of my DJI platforms and have NEVER had any issues. No, I'm not an Apple guy. I just found that IOS is much more stable then Android when running DJI Go 4 app.
Exactly the same situation as me. Always been an Android guy, but after multiple attempts to fly with my Nexus 9 tablet and my Nexus 5x phone, I finally got fed up and moved to an iPad Mini 4 which has been nothing short of flawless.

I have been using my Samsung Note 4 since May when I got the Mavic. Started out great, but started having too many connection issues after I installed DroneDeploy. Expecting the iPad Mini 4 to come today and can't wait to try it out!

So you are on Android 7? My Huawei P9 lite is still on 6 since I read that 7 caused issues here and there. Maybe it's time to upgrade
Yes on stock 7 ROM but rooted. I did a clean install when moving from 6 to 7 because I had a somewhat botched ROM from trying different things with ROMs/root when I got it (still worked flawlessly with DJI stuff anyway).

I've got the Mate 8 pretty much exclusively for the Mavic back in Nov (biggest screen I found that fits the remote "comfortably"), but I'm regularly hesitating to make it my primary phone because it's actually really good. Just fear it would be a tad too big to have in my pocket everyday.

The multiuser is very well implemented too so you can make a separate clean user profile with only the Mavic-related apps if you want and cut all disturbances and avoid app conflicts etc, "dirty system" issues etc. The system also has built-in configurable network access restrictions for each app which is great to silence those apps that tend to talk a bit too much without having to install a firewall app ;)

Reactions: Vilco
Using a iPhone 7+ Latest Firmware,and not a single Hic Cup!:)

Hi I got my Mavic Pro on its way and I am just wondering all those that have had no problems what are you running as tablet phone apps etc..
Ipad Mini 4 and have always kept firmware up to date. Always use DJI Assistant for firmware updates instead of the app.

Yes on stock 7 ROM but rooted. I did a clean install when moving from 6 to 7 because I had a somewhat botched ROM from trying different things with ROMs/root when I got it (still worked flawlessly with DJI stuff anyway).

I've got the Mate 8 pretty much exclusively for the Mavic back in Nov (biggest screen I found that fits the remote "comfortably"), but I'm regularly hesitating to make it my primary phone because it's actually really good. Just fear it would be a tad too big to have in my pocket everyday.

The multiuser is very well implemented too so you can make a separate clean user profile with only the Mavic-related apps if you want and cut all disturbances and avoid app conflicts etc, "dirty system" issues etc. The system also has built-in configurable network access restrictions for each app which is great to silence those apps that tend to talk a bit too much without having to install a firewall app ;)

Nice, expecially the last feature :) I'm updating just now, thanks

Started with a Galaxy Note 4 - lots of disconnection issues..

Now use a dedicated iPhone 6s Plus when out and about - lovely bright screen and never had any connection issues at all.

When at home in the garden and sitting down at a table in the evenings then I switch to my 12.9" iPad Pro... amazing large screen and again no connection issues at all using it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee