DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Pilots around Atlanta

Can't_C_Me

Reactions
Looking for other Mavic Pro Pilots around the greater Atlanta / Metro areas. I stay around Covington and bought my MP a couple weeks ago and looking for other pilots.

Hello, I am in Atlanta around Georgia Tech. I just recently got a Mavic Pro too. I've been looking for some buddies to fly with. Probably have more negotiating powers too when state parks nag us about drones.

Reactions: eternalanb232
Hello, I am in Atlanta around Georgia Tech. I just recently got a Mavic Pro too. I've been looking for some buddies to fly with. Probably have more negotiating powers too when state parks nag us about drones.
Hello, I this past Monday flew my MP around "Centennial Park" with no problems and caught some awesome footage. I also fly at "Georgia International Horse Park" in Conyers since it's up the road from me and some fishing rivers. What I do is start the DJI Go app and click on "Flight Restriction Information" tab to see if I can fly in that area. Here in Georgia there isn't huge No Fly Zones and most of the time park officials talk without there even being any rules or laws about flying UAV's. They just make it up to get you to leave, bet if you ask for the written rules they can't show you one because there isn't one. I have worked with law enforcement and the Secret Service before here in GA and finishing my Criminal Justice degree. One thing I've learn from them is if it's not in writing in a regulation or law book it doesn't apply.

Reactions: scgene31
Hello, I this past Monday flew my MP around "Centennial Park" with no problems and caught some awesome footage. I also fly at "Georgia International Horse Park" in Conyers since it's up the road from me and some fishing rivers. What I do is start the DJI Go app and click on "Flight Restriction Information" tab to see if I can fly in that area. Here in Georgia there isn't huge No Fly Zones and most of the time park officials talk without there even being any rules or laws about flying UAV's. They just make it up to get you to leave, bet if you ask for the written rules they can't show you one because there isn't one. I have worked with law enforcement and the Secret Service before here in GA and finishing my Criminal Justice degree. One thing I've learn from them is if it's not in writing in a regulation or law book it doesn't apply.

That's pretty awesome! Well, I checked on the Georgia State Park website as well as Stone Mountain's website both saying that drones are prohibited at the parks. However, none of those places are actual no-fly zones on the DJI App nor have they cited any pieces of legislation. Let me know if you are interested in doing some multi-drone stuff or pilot get-togethers!

I have a Mavic on order. Should be here on the 21st. I am normally very busy, but I am local. Kennesaw, GA area.

Reactions: deathernater
Anything interesting to see around Cobb County? Any problems with checking out Suntrust Park (not during a game)?

I am definitely interested mate. My only concern is that we can't be trespassing the property if it is not open to the public when there isn't a game. Otherwise, I believe the NFW rules apply only one hour before and after a large public event such as a game.

As long as you launch and don't land the the property your good. Same goes with any other property basically. When your in the air your are considered like a normal aircraft. That's the Grey line many don't know or get mistaken. I have 3 buddies that are Air traffic controllers that have verified this. Just like if someone shots your Drone down just for flying over their property they are subject to fines and jail time. As long as your moving and not hovering and not launching or landing your golden.

Isn't there a certain height from which the airspace above no longer counts as your private property? I remember there is some rule about that but I can't recall the specific height. Also if any of y'all are still interested, I prefer to do a meetup and fly on weekends.

Hello ATL folks, my family found a crashed mavic pro on thier roof in downtown Atlanta today. Any tips on reuniting it with its owner? No labels with contact info on the body, and they didn't come to leave a note with the high rise front desk, no hits on the serial number in a google search either. Called DJI but they didn't want to help. We'd like to do the right thing even though the owner may not have been operating entirely in the right....

Reactions: garrion
Hello ATL folks, my family found a crashed mavic pro on thier roof in downtown Atlanta today. Any tips on reuniting it with its owner? No labels with contact info on the body, and they didn't come to leave a note with the high rise front desk, no hits on the serial number in a google search either. Called DJI but they didn't want to help. We'd like to do the right thing even though the owner may not have been operating entirely in the right....

You are a good person for wanting to do the right thing. I take it the Mavic was not registered with the FAA? Not trying to sound like a creeper but if you keep trying to find the rightful owner and can't then I'd be willing to buy it from you provided it is still functional. I'm also surprised DJI won't help. My guess is the person flying it is worried that they are in trouble and willing to lose out. I'm doubting they were granted permission to operate in Class B airspace. For the record, I'm a licensed Part 107 Pilot.

Looking for other Mavic Pro Pilots around the greater Atlanta / Metro areas. I stay around Covington and bought my MP a couple weeks ago and looking for other pilots.
Just got my MP unboxed. Looking for someone in Atlanta area that might tutor my first flight. 214-676-2355

Anyone interested in meeting up? Know any good spots? I thought Stone Mountain would have been a terrific spot, but their park policy said no drones. However, I literally spotted a dude with his Phantom 3 at the summit so I am thinking about pulling the same stunt, there appears to be little to no enforcement on the trail.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu