DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum - Brighter Display Controller

westwind77

Reactions
I have finally decided I need/want a brighter display to see what I am recording, and it seems like I have a few choices, but want to make sure I make the right one. Currently using my iPhone 8 Pro.

It seems that the SC is not compatible with my older MPP.

I would have to opt to get the Crystal Sky system, however I have not seen a photo posted with 5.5" and the stock controller - would love to see that set up.

I plan to upgrade the drone in the near future...whenever DJI replaces the Mavic 2 series.

I see my iPhone is around 500 for brightness where the SC is around 1,000 and the CS around 2,000.

Is the CS system 'older' and that is why is supports the MPP? Would it be a 'waste of money' to get the CS system for the MPP and have no idea if it will work with the replacement for the Mavic 2 series? Tech wise would it be better to just hold off on purchasing anything for now? I guess I could always sell the CS with the MPP as a package when the time comes.

Just looking for some thoughts that I might be missing. Thanks!

I did some more digging and it seems the 5.5 CS is only 1000, same brightness at the SC. Personally I would rather have the all in one SC over the CS but mine is not compatible.

I have finally decided I need/want a brighter display to see what I am recording, and it seems like I have a few choices, but want to make sure I make the right one. Currently using my iPhone 8 Pro.

I would have to opt to get the Crystal Sky system, however I have not seen a photo posted with 5.5" and the stock controller - would love to see that set up.

I plan to upgrade the drone in the near future...whenever DJI replaces the Mavic 2 series.

I see my iPhone is around 500 for brightness where the SC is around 1,000 and the CS around 2,000.

Is the CS system 'older' and that is why is supports the MPP? Would it be a 'waste of money' to get the CS system for the MPP and have no idea if it will work with the replacement for the Mavic 2 series? Tech wise would it be better to just hold off on purchasing anything for now? I guess I could always sell the CS with the MPP as a package when the time comes.

I see what you mean about the crystal sky being older and not knowing if it will work with the the next generation of Mavic. To be fair though the same can be said for the Smart Controller. As of yet I believe the Mavic Air 2, the latest Mavic, doesn’t even work with the smart controller so might not be a difference there.

If you get the DJI CS mount it will look like this.
It's a sturdy metal bayonet mount with a built in connection point to the RC and it locks the CS in place.
You just slide it on the CS, lock it and your ready to go.
The CS works with any DJI AC using DJI Go4

It also works with the Mavic Mini using the Dronelink flight app, but I'm not liking the app UI.
Litchi are beta testing a version that works with the Mavic Mini as well, but I'm not sure it will work with the 32bit CS

Here are 2 pictures the 5.5in and the 7.85in

1597535903944.png1597536157223.png

CS is headed for obsolete junk pile. I use mine on my old MP1. Works well but overheats. I wonder if DJI is working on something new as they have still not made the SC compatible with the MA2 nor the Mini. My IPhone 10 and iPad Mini 5 screens turn black in the sun.
A 7 inch CS type monitor that could take the heat and had 1000 or more nits would be a huge hit. Compatible with all current and future Fly Apps. Love to see it.

Reactions: westwind77

I have a crystal sky and smart controller like them both but the smart controller fits so well in your hands it makes it a little easier for filming cinematic shots although the picture could be a little bigger , some of the numbers I can hardly see

Thanks for the input so far! With summer slowly fading I think I am just going to wait to see what the 3 version (if any) ends up looking like and just get a compatible controller for that unit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925