DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Costco Deal

twood20

Reactions
Can anyone speak on the value or lack thereof with the current Costco MPP bundle that has DJI goggles, bag, prop guards, single battery, and of course controller for $1199.99? I've been trying to decide between Mavic Air and Mavic Pro(Platinum). I think the size of the MPP is fine and small enough to travel with IMO. I own a Phantom 4 and have four batteries and frankly I don't fly enough to use all four in one outing. I'd probably try to sell my P4 after buying a new drone. Any thoughts of wisdom are appreciated, thanks in advance.

One guy was posting a couple days ago that it took 3 times before he got a Pro that worked from Costco

What's the general consensus on the goggles...great, good, meh, or never use them. Since it's Costco I suppose if you get a bad bird you can keep taking them back until you get a good one. One big reason I am considering the deal is because it is from Costco and if anything isn't right or for some reason I realize I want an Air or DJI drops a new drone unexpectedly than I can take it back and get my money back.

I'm leaning hard towards getting the bundle. It's almost a no brainer, especially with the ability to play with it for 90 days before having to swallow it if it turns out not to be a fit for me.

Can anyone speak on the value or lack thereof with the current Costco MPP bundle that has DJI goggles, bag, prop guards, single battery, and of course controller for $1199.99?
Here's what that package includes:
That's a savings of $342 when buying everything with this package deal. Their normal deal offers a savings of $242 (which is still a good deal).

What's the general consensus on the goggles...great, good, meh, or never use them
I own them, but don't use them often (only because I don't fly with goggles often). If you need goggles, they are the best available choice for goggles that have a large, immersive viewing area. If you'd prefer an option that is smaller, lighter, and easier to transport, the Avegant Glyph headset is a nice option.

Last edited:
What's the general consensus on the goggles...great, good, meh, or never use them. Since it's Costco I suppose if you get a bad bird you can keep taking them back until you get a good one. One big reason I am considering the deal is because it is from Costco and if anything isn't right or for some reason I realize I want an Air or DJI drops a new drone unexpectedly than I can take it back and get my money back.

Drones are considered in the same group as cameras. Like TVs and cameras, you only have 90 days to return it.

Reactions: twood20
You also should consider insurance, two more batteries, and a set of ND filters. Then you would have a pretty complete setup for flying. If you are going to edit your video there is the cost of a decent computer if you don't already have a capable one.

I know OP @twood20 has already seen my earlier post about the Costco bundle, but I'll cross-post the link here for others' benefit: Initial impressions: Costco US$1299 MPP+goggles

Note that the additional $100 manufacturer savings making the price $1199 expires on 6/17 (corrected date), per Costco.com. That is also the price in my local warehouse (and they are giving me a price adjustment in person today).

I'm actually enjoying DJI Goggles more as I get comfortable flying. They're a little daunting extra complexity to deal with during the initial steep learning curve as a completely new drone pilot. But they absolutely give me the sensation of being up in the sky, even to the point of being viscerally exhilarating.

Last edited:
I know OP @twood20 has already seen my earlier post about the Costco bundle, but I'll cross-post the link here for others' benefit: Initial impressions: Costco US$1299 MPP+goggles

Note that the additional $100 manufacturer savings making the price $1199 expires on 6/7, per Costco.com. That is also the price in my local warehouse (and they are giving me a price adjustment in person today).

I'm actually enjoying DJI Goggles more as I get comfortable flying. They're a little daunting extra complexity to deal with during the initial steep learning curve as a completely new drone pilot. But they absolutely give me the sensation of being up in the sky, even to the point of being viscerally exhilarating.
Thanks for posting about deal expiration date. I actually thought it was the 17th.

I bought my Mavic at Costco last November. They had a different package. It included the prop guards, and the carry bag. I think it was only $800. After one day, the camera wouldn't focus. Took it back and got a refund with no problems. Bought a second one at the same Costco and there have been no problems with this one. The only problems have been due to pilot error.o_O

Reactions: twood20 and KeithLa
most of these post are from USA (I Think) do you not have LOS in USA ?

Here in Australia they consider goggles not LOS.

One guy was posting a couple days ago that it took 3 times before he got a Pro that worked from Costco
Wouldn't believe it. I haven't had any issues with mine from Costco for almost a year now...

I bought 2 of the $799 Costco deal. Both worked flawlessly. I have never bought any electronic item that have issues from Costco. I missed the Typhoon H deal they had before the mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803