DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro platinum firmware downgrade

OK.

Yes I also have these motor current warnings. I think all downgraders with a MPP have it unless you use a custom DJI GO which is not showing these errors

Alright I just tested it, but no luck. It's not connecting via USB. I can hear the usb-connect-chime and immediately thereafter comes the disconnect-chime.
So I think I have to send it in.

Alright I just tested it, but no luck. It's not connecting via USB. I can hear the usb-connect-chime and immediately thereafter comes the disconnect-chime.
So I think I have to send it in.
I would play with it for another day, Keep messing around with it. The first time it happened to me, I just connected to a new computer and DJI uploaded the drivers (really easy). The 2nd time it happened (it wasn't easy), I had to play with it for a while.

Basically your tying to break the loop that it is stuck in, so constantly try plugging it in, unplugging restating computer, try to restart then connect with RC while connected to computer, anything to try to break it's comm failure loop. Once you break it, update it to the legit DJI assistant 2 copy. If all else fails send it in, but i'd give it another day. good luck

Hey man you were so right. I just gave it another try. I kept the RC on in the "connecting" mode. Then I plugged the MPP with USB-cable in my Imac running DJI-Assistant2 1.1.2. Nothing happend. Then I unplugged the MPP and plugged in again and suddenly the RC got a connection. DJI Assistant showed a connected Mavic now. I did a factory reset first and thereafter with the recent version of DJI Assistant2 I did a FW-reset to 1.4.100.
It's alive again, just did a short flight. GREAT

Thanks again for your help

Yea, kinda tricky to get out of. Definitely a complete freak out kind of moment. Glad it works.

Just finished first flight with custom DJI app, it’s the way to go. Mods and all.

Happy flying!!

in my case to get rid of the height limit
When I set up the DJI Go4 app, it asks me to input a max altitude. Have they changed that? 400 ft is plenty high for where I live. Helicopters have a minimum cruise altitude of 600'. The 200' is (-in my opinion) a comfortable buffer. -But then again I live on the outskirts of Atlanta where I must fly under part 107 most of the time anyway.

When I'm not flying drones I fly commercially (ATP), and the thought of playing dodge 'em uav's in disconcerting. I actually saw a guy at one of the local airports flying a drone (-on the ramp)! A month later "No Drones" signs sprung up on the airport fences. Even though it's against the law, the airport felt it necessary to post signs. Unfortunately, I think we're seeing the beginning of more legislation, and if DJI is imposing altitude limitations, it's because they can see that same trend.

It’s all about flying responsibly, like anything in life, don’t be an idiot and fly 1000ft over the airport, or anything else crazy.

My property has an airfield (Active listing) for when we spray in the summer months. We use our drones for survey. The fact that I have to actually get approval from DJI to fly in my own home is just ridiculous, and when I’m away from Wifi it sometimes goes into no fly since it can’t get approval. All about no flys for me, their approval process is pretty terrible.

I understand. Out of curiosity, is the restriction a function of the DJI software, or is the restriction in the firmware contained within the drone itself? My thoughts are that an alternate control app like Litchke might be a better solution.

Applying to the FAA would take months, and the waivers granted are usually for a specific occurrence. That waiver process is changing, but in light of some of the adverse press lately, it may go in the other direction for you (sigh).

I understand. Out of curiosity, is the restriction a function of the DJI software, or is the restriction in the firmware contained within the drone itself?

The restriction comes from the firmware itself. You can disable it by changing the parameters in the DJI-Assistant. But not after you are higher than FW 1.3.700. Then you are stuck on the 500m limit.

Reactions: Nosebump
Hello Friends
does anyone knows where i can get Mavic pro Platinum Firmware 01.04.100 .
I have an issue on a new drone and i would like to downgrade it on mentioned Firmware

Kind Regards
Arpath

Hello Friends
does anyone knows where i can get Mavic pro Platinum Firmware 01.04.100 .
I have an issue on a new drone and i would like to downgrade it on mentioned Firmware

Kind Regards
Arpath
look into thread How to rollback Mavic firmware, you'll find a lot of useful information

Hi all, first post to share with you my success to downgrade my MPP.

I'd like to thanks and credit a great guy i met on SLACK who help me to find the right method to downgrade : Pepeleascov

I received my MPP 3 days ago with 1.4.000 firmware, method to downgrade i used :

- First i installed an SDcard in the Mavic
- Prepare a modified 1.3.700 firmware, the most important part is here : you have to delete modules 1200, 1201, 1202, 1203 wich are ESC modules
- Flashed with DUMLdore 2.14, 100% no problem at all
- Prepare 1.4.300 firmware without 305, 306, 905 modules
- Flash with DUMLdore 2.14, got a doubt and reflash with DUMLdore 3.0, 100% too

Right now, i'm able to mod paremeters, got no ESC motor errors.

Hope it can help you guys ;)

Link to modded firmware : Mod Firmware - Google Drive
How did you remove the modules from the firmware?
I'm trying to do that on 01.03.0900 but 7zip keeps saying Not Implemented and refuses to delete the files.

Can anyone explain how I can get a list of module versions currently installed on my MPP?
I can't seem to figure this one out. Been looking for days

Fixed all the errors on my MPP. Still don't know how to get a list of the modules though.

Thanks!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom