DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum for fishing

Zeyn

Reactions
Greetings from Cape Town;South Africa.
I need advice in choosing a drone solely for dropping baits for fishing.. I'm undecided between the P4 standard and M2 Platinum.Anyone out there using these drones for above application.How do these drones perform in windy conditions?Which of the 2 drones is more reliable?Will be flying a load of about 300gr( excl. line drag ),about 300m(900 ft) out.My other concern is which bait dropper mechanism is reliable ,and what happens if your line snags/jams while flying out?Thanks

Reactions: Laylake
both drones would be up to the job, the Phantom could be better as the drop mechanism, would be further from the props than the mavic but on the other hand the mavic would be easier to transport due to it being able to fold up ,its really which you would prefer

Into bait dropping..old thread and in PhantomPilots but ya might like
reading it. Drone Fishing

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Greetings from Cape Town;South Africa.
I need advice in choosing a drone solely for dropping baits for fishing.. I'm undecided between the P4 standard and M2 Platinum.Anyone out there using these drones for above application.How do these drones perform in windy conditions?Which of the 2 drones is more reliable?Will be flying a load of about 300gr( excl. line drag ),about 300m(900 ft) out.My other concern is which bait dropper mechanism is reliable ,and what happens if your line snags/jams while flying out?Thanks

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. My buddy has a Phantom 4. After researching we decided that the Phantom would be better due to more payload capability, easier to hand launch and retrieve on sandy beaches and slightly more desirable bait dropper devices.

But as OMM said, the Mavic is easier to transport.

Both drones handle wind well with maybe a slight advantage to the Phantom.

Both drones are very reliable.

If your line snags on the way out hopefully it's not in the props.

Drone Sky Hook and Ganett both make electrically actuated droppers from $160.00 US and up.

Ganett makes an adjustable manual release for $59.00 US, on sale now. Check Amazon for both types.

Many have made their own droppers and have YT videos to prove it.

Lots of choices these days. Good luck and have fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk