DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Remote ID - FAA Declaration of Compliance

Blarneystone

Reactions
I am a new member here and have lurked on the site in the past.
I got to wondering if DJI will update firmware or hardware on the Mavic Pro, in my case a Platinum.
I ran across this UAS Declaration of Compliance for Remote ID on the Mavic Pro Platinum from the FAA Declaration of Compliance site.
Date was January 19, 2023. Anyone know more details on that or if it may be related to a firmware or maybe a hardware update that may comply with the Remote ID Rules?
More details are here.
Thanks for any input. Just trying like everyone else with an older aircraft to comply and not spend a fortune.

It looks like it might be.
Be nice in countries where similar RID comes in eventually, if they didn't need to fit some sort of RID device to older models.

There is a thread here about this too . . .

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Maybe this setting in the GO4 app for my MPP is applicable to RID... It's been there since day one when I got my MPP back in 2018.

My M2P has the same setting.

IMG_1368.PNG
IMG_1369.PNG

I noticed that also. I haven't tried to look into those features on the GO4 app.
Question would be is if those setting are there regardless of if the aircraft and controller are RID compliant
My guess is that those settings are a part of the app so that if the systems are compliant you can broadcast as required. if the aircraft is not compliant, they are still there and can turn them on, but they don't do anything.
I am not holding my breath, but I emailed DJI requesting information on if their Remote ID Approval through the FAA will make the Mavic Pro Platinum compliant or not and and if it already is or will there be a firmware release to bring it into compliance. I'll post what I get back from them if that happens.

I noticed that also. I haven't tried to look into those features on the GO4 app.
Question would be is if those setting are there regardless of if the aircraft and controller are RID compliant
My guess is that those settings are a part of the app so that if the systems are compliant you can broadcast as required. if the aircraft is not compliant, they are still there and can turn them on, but they don't do anything.
I am not holding my breath, but I emailed DJI requesting information on if their Remote ID Approval through the FAA will make the Mavic Pro Platinum compliant or not and and if it already is or will there be a firmware release to bring it into compliance. I'll post what I get back from them if that happens.
No firmware updates that I'm aware of yet.

There was a way to turn off aeroscope up to a certain version of the go app.

I am a new member here and have lurked on the site in the past.
I got to wondering if DJI will update firmware or hardware on the Mavic Pro, in my case a Platinum.
I ran across this UAS Declaration of Compliance for Remote ID on the Mavic Pro Platinum from the FAA Declaration of Compliance site.
Date was January 19, 2023. Anyone know more details on that or if it may be related to a firmware or maybe a hardware update that may comply with the Remote ID Rules?
More details are here.
Thanks for any input. Just trying like everyone else with an older aircraft to comply and not spend a fortune.
Hi
I know this news does not effect us here in the uk but never the less being a proud owner of a MPP just wondering wether this news is good or bad? Personaly i think is good simply because it gives the MPP some sort of a new lease of life.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje