DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro problems - Horizon tilt at startup and VPS errors

Thanks for sending that to me. It's good to see they addressed the issue. Did you try the firmware update and did it work? I wish they had came up with that before I sent my second one back. That one had a great camera on it.

I already sent that last Mavic back. They didn't immediately send me another one, so maybe they are actually trying to fix it or send me a new one that works (like I asked). Hopefully, the next one they send will have a great camera a gimbal.

Some time ago, I sent my Mavic for repair to Official DJI SAT in Netherland by gimbal problems.

My original unit, has replaced by a refurbished unit with serial number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, but this unit had a problem, gimbal tilt when startup the Mavic, and some VPS errors.

For this reason I sent the mavic back to DJI and Dji has replaced it again by another different refurbished unit whit serial number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, but this replacement unit presents the same problems as the previous one

Video of my problem:

I found another user with the same problem:

The first unit did not have this problem with the same firmware. Seems a problem that affects all refurbished units for replacements. In my humble opinion,

The affected units has the latest firmware 01.03.0900 from factory. I tried to calibrate IMU, compas, gimbal, reload the firmware, etc, but the problem persists

Random errors:

7bdc52a930ffb560443ff72b18c17c97.jpg

The horizontal tilt issue has to be software related. The reason I say this, I have had this issue on my drone for quite some time now. Randomly, I turn the drone on and its still level from the last flight. Power cycle, now its slightly off. Could it be tight gears or rings, or something slipping and not setting to the same point every time? Sure. I still think its the software not re-positioning the tilt to the correct level each time. I have tried every fix on the internet, and I know my drone is level, but it continues to have the issue, sometimes all of the time, sometimes none of the times. (cause that makes sense)

Reactions: Richard X
The horizontal tilt issue has to be software related. The reason I say this, I have had this issue on my drone for quite some time now. Randomly, I turn the drone on and its still level from the last flight. Power cycle, now its slightly off. Could it be tight gears or rings, or something slipping and not setting to the same point every time? Sure. I still think its the software not re-positioning the tilt to the correct level each time. I have tried every fix on the internet, and I know my drone is level, but it continues to have the issue, sometimes all of the time, sometimes none of the times. (cause that makes sense)

The horizon errors in dji gimbals are very frequent because the gimbal does not have independent IMU. This problem is caused too by poor management of the gimbal buffer. The performance of DJI gimbals is a mystery ... many problems with drunken horizon and out of level gimbals from factory... I had 7 Mavic and each one with this problems. Only the first production units works fine,,,

The horizon errors in dji gimbals are very frequent because the gimbal does not have independent IMU. This problem is caused too by poor management of the gimbal buffer. The performance of DJI gimbals is a mystery ... many problems with drunken horizon and out of level gimbals from factory... I had 7 Mavic and each one with this problems. Only the first production units works fine,,,

7? ****. That is crazy.

Waiting for number four to arrive. DJI sent me a email 6 business days ago saying that it had been evaluated. Since then nothing. I looked at online repair progress and no change in status. I did ask them to send me a new, tested and verified working one. Maybe they are still trying to find one that actually works. I'll keep being patient. I just don't want them to forget my case.

I can not spend my whole life sending it, this is unfair, in every shipment I lose a month of my time waiting, but I will send it because I know this is not normal. DJI has a serious problem of quality control. The refurbished units is full of glue stains and mismatched parts.

That's pretty rough. I wouldn't be happy either. The Mavic is a great craft when you have one without issues. I spent months waiting for a preorder when the Mavic was announced so I know how frustrating and time consuming it is playing tennis with a defective product.

Yeah, I got the first Mavic on June 22nd and used that one for less than a week. Since then it's been the Mavic Pro shuffle. Seeing which defective Mavic DJI chose to send me from a pile of (most likely) refurbished or returned units. Customer service told me the replacement units are all new, but I've seen on the forums that this is often not the case. One guy even showed pictures of a damaged one DJI repair sent him. Also, these units were supposed to be tested and verified for quality assurance. At least that's what they said on the online repair report. Funny how they have set their business model to mimic Apple. Nice packaging, better customer service, etc... They just forgot about design and quality control. Steve Jobs would have never let the Mavic Pro be released with all it's issues. I'm curious to see the ratio of Good/Bad Mavic Pros. It must be costing DJI a lot of money.

What really sucks is I bought it to record videos of my Son an his mountain bike team during their enduro racing season this summer. Well, the season is over and didn't get to record a single video. I told the team I would do it and feel I let them down.

I just want one that works. Is that too much to ask for??? DJI???

Yeah, I got the first Mavic on June 22nd and used that one for less than a week. Since then it's been the Mavic Pro shuffle. Seeing which defective Mavic DJI chose to send me from a pile of (most likely) refurbished or returned units. Customer service told me the replacement units are all new, but I've seen on the forums that this is often not the case. One guy even showed pictures of a damaged one DJI repair sent him. Also, these units were supposed to be tested and verified for quality assurance. At least that's what they said on the online repair report. Funny how they have set their business model to mimic Apple. Nice packaging, better customer service, etc... They just forgot about design and quality control. Steve Jobs would have never let the Mavic Pro be released with all it's issues. I'm curious to see the ratio of Good/Bad Mavic Pros. It must be costing DJI a lot of money.

What really sucks is I bought it to record videos of my Son an his mountain bike team during their enduro racing season this summer. Well, the season is over and didn't get to record a single video. I told the team I would do it and feel I let them down.

I feel your pain. I landed semi-hard on grass and my ribbon cable sheared. It was not a very hard landing at all, nothing that should sever critical cables for sure.

I took the hit and paid Thunderdrones on here to fix it, instead of waiting for DJI's crap service and for them to tell me it's my fault. It was only about a week old. No issues since then, except that dang tilt issue which was occurring before the accident as well. It's nothing that makes me want to get rid of it though, just have to adjust it most of my flights before hand.

Hi! Is solved your issue? Regards

No. Still waiting for a replacement Mavic Pro. It's taking much longer this time. Maybe they are actually going to test it before they send it to me. One can only hope....

No. Still waiting for a replacement Mavic Pro. It's taking much longer this time. Maybe they are actually going to test it before they send it to me. One can only hope....

Hi. This update v01.03.1000 not solve this issue [emoji848]

Update: I got Mavic Pro #4 from DJI repair yesterday. They did not send me a new product with matching serial number Mavic. So, who knows if this is a new one. Also, the fact that I had to link/bind my remote (like all the other times) to this one makes me doubt they tested like I asked them to. Just like the other replacements, this one too drifts at start up, but not as bad. I only flew it one time since I got it and it flies well, but still have to play with camera settings to see if the camera is good. We've been having a heat wave here in California and it's been too hot to got out and fly.

If I didn't have such a good gimbal on my first Mavic, I would swear this gimbal drift is normal with these things. If only that one had a better camera! I don't have a lot of confidence in this replacement one. But I will fly it and see how it does. If the gimbal holds during flight and the camera is good, I may surrender and just keep this one. Maybe they'll solve the drift issue with the next firmware update or two, three, four...who knows.

I'll post an update later.

Update: I got Mavic Pro #4 from DJI repair yesterday. They did not send me a new product with matching serial number Mavic. So, who knows if this is a new one. Also, the fact that I had to link/bind my remote (like all the other times) to this one makes me doubt they tested like I asked them to. Just like the other replacements, this one too drifts at start up, but not as bad. I only flew it one time since I got it and it flies well, but still have to play with camera settings to see if the camera is good. We've been having a heat wave here in California and it's been too hot to got out and fly.

If I didn't have such a good gimbal on my first Mavic, I would swear this gimbal drift is normal with these things. If only that one had a better camera! I don't have a lot of confidence in this replacement one. But I will fly it and see how it does. If the gimbal holds during flight and the camera is good, I may surrender and just keep this one. Maybe they'll solve the drift issue with the next firmware update or two, three, four...who knows.

I'll post an update later.
Most temps above one hundred for next few days... last few have been fine flying though.

Well, I got in some flights in. The gimbal was still drifting at start up, so I tried something different. What I ended up doing was to recalibrate my remote control joysticks. It seems to help a lot. I'll give some more flights and see if it hold up.

Update: Number 4 started doing the gimbal same stuff again. So, this one is going back. Onto number 5.

Note: I offered to pay the difference for a Mavic Pro Platinum if they fixed the gimbal issues on the newer model, but that was a no go. You would hope they worked out the kinks with the Platinum version. We'll see...

Update: Number 4 started doing the gimbal same stuff again. So, this one is going back. Onto number 5.

Note: I offered to pay the difference for a Mavic Pro Platinum if they fixed the gimbal issues on the newer model, but that was a no go. You would hope they worked out the kinks with the Platinum version. We'll see...

Disgraceful customer support.

Reactions: Rodzilla
I got replacement number 5 yesterday. Opened up the box. I did not get an new product box and the Mavic they sent me was a used one. Complete with the previous owners Micro SD card (with his video), damaged prop, and his settings (the Mavic was named DRUID). The gimbal works okay, but I'm right back where I started, with a soft/blurry image on the left side. WTF DJI!!

.. hey man, that's karma!!!
Btw I've got a NEW mavic after a crash and the gimbal is slightly tilted to the right.. not a big deal, i just have to hold c1 and swipe right wheel ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk