DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro props

Reactions
hello

I bought props from ebay and i notice vibrasions when i takeoff and landing , i check the weight and the props is out of balance. this is normal ?
Because in the past i use to fly rc helicopters and when i found out of balance plates i put tack tape to minimize the vibrations

From your last picture, with the hub hidden from view, one cannot determine if the blades are the same length or not. This is so as the hub axis may not be at 90 degrees to the blade axis.

In the first picture, with blades on the "seesaw" balance, it is relatively unimportant if one set of blades is not the same as the next pair - what IS important is that each blade of the prop is the same weight as its mate AND that the weight is evenly distributed equidistantly along the axis of the prop - so again, one cannot determine a fault from your picture.

That said, I've found about 25% of both DJI M2 props and Master Airscrew (which I like) props out of balance to an easily measurable degree. As with your days flying heli-RC, they get balanced using tape, mostly near the hub where the tape, while requiring more of it, will have minimal impact on airflow over the prop. The folding prop must be placed on the static balance (I'm using a modified DuBro) perfectly straight - the jig below achieves that. I did a post on this awhile back.

y2TCywD.png

Reactions: GarthH
I bought props from other venders, because they were cheaper. But, had same problem as you with my bird acting like it had a temper tantrum. Shacking violently, still have them to remind me never to buy from that company. Still looking for good not expensive props from other venders. And, with a good rating from other pilots that have bought and used them.

Reactions: antoniszavogiannis
Is this thread about an M1P ?
The OP said Mavic Pro.

While DJI M2 props CAN be fitted to the M1P, and apparently can perform well, they need to be trimmed a little, and this isn't a terribly good idea for balance.

The MAS props get a good wrap in general, but I feel using OEM props (and batteries) is just good practice.

Maybe consider putting the MPP (Platinum) 8331 props onto the M1P, I've had them on for a couple of years now and like the performance overall.
That said, a very smaller number of M1P pilots report gimbal 'jump' with these props fitted, but can be fixed in gain adjustment.
Loads of info online, tutorials on YouTube.

Mine has never had a problem, and I think this would be the case in perhaps 90% + where fitted.
The drone is much quieter in flight, and I am very happy with flight times still on even original batteries in the original flymore kit.

Reactions: old man mavic
Is this thread about an M1P ?
The OP said Mavic Pro.

While DJI M2 props CAN be fitted to the M1P, and apparently can perform well, they need to be trimmed a little, and this isn't a terribly good idea for balance.

The MAS props get a good wrap in general, but I feel using OEM props (and batteries) is just good practice.

Maybe consider putting the MPP (Platinum) 8331 props onto the M1P, I've had them on for a couple of years now and like the performance overall.
That said, a very smaller number of M1P pilots report gimbal 'jump' with these props fitted, but can be fixed in gain adjustment.
Loads of info online, tutorials on YouTube.

Mine has never had a problem, and I think this would be the case in perhaps 90% + where fitted.
The drone is much quieter in flight, and I am very happy with flight times still on even original batteries in the original flymore kit.
Hi, so do they in fact increase flight times?

the MPP props fitted to the MP will give a slight improvement in flight time they are somewhat quieter as well ,but the main improvement in flight time between the MP and MPP is down to the ESCs and the way they deliver power to the motors,you really are better when it comes to props,sticking to OEM, as the flight characteristics have been set for those props ,remember between the MP and MPP there is only a small improvement, they are basically the same airframe ,the MPP being a development upgrade as the tech improved

I'm recently interested in adding a modded battery which can already fly around 33-34 minutes with the stock propellers. Due to the extra weight, the front motors spin at a higher idle RPM, perhaps around 6500 and they end up quite hot so my main purpose would be to add longevity to the the motors... Sure I am aware of the risks of going off OEM everywhere here....

I'm recently interested in adding a modded battery which can already fly around 33-34 minutes with the stock propellers. Due to the extra weight, the front motors spin at a higher idle RPM, perhaps around 6500 and they end up quite hot so my main purpose would be to add longevity to the the motors... Sure I am aware of the risks of going off OEM everywhere here....
Master Airscrew props run at a lower RPM for a given load as they use a different profile to OEM and might be what you require

Reactions: pelagic_one
Hi, so do they in fact increase flight times?

I'd say it's almost impossible to say for sure, every flight has many variables that can affect flight time.
I only ran my 8330 (stock M1P props) for probably 3 months, and I'm still flying with the same 8331 props some 3 years later.
In my bag I have all the original 8330 props that were in the flymore, and I think 3 sets of the 8331, including the same pair fitted just stay on all the time.

Generally, I get ~ 20 mins min flight time, and land with 15 - 20% battery.
I have 3 original flymore batteries, 1 more purchased same time as MPP props, and 2 bought 4 months ago.
All give the same flight time to within indiscernible amounts.

What I love about these 8331 props is the drone is so quiet, it seems to work much less and revs are in a range that are just lower pitch, less 'annoying'.

I'd say it's almost impossible to say for sure, every flight has many variables that can affect flight time.
I only ran my 8330 (stock M1P props) for probably 3 months, and I'm still flying with the same 8331 props some 3 years later.
In my bag I have all the original 8330 props that were in the flymore, and I think 3 sets of the 8331, including the same pair fitted just stay on all the time.

I have 3 original flymore batteries, 1 more purchased same time as MPP props, and 2 bought 4 months ago.

What I love about these 8331 props is the drone is so quiet, it seems to work much less and revs are in a range that are just lower pitch, less 'annoying'.
Thanks for taking the time to write. I figured what the heck I have nothing better to do and ordered 3 pairs today. Will check em out myself soon.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

Interesting story - as I have replaced the stock 8331 prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum with Master Airscrew Stealth props. I was thinking as I read you post, I could tell an identical story replacing your 8330's with my 8331's, and replacing your 8331's with my MAS props.

Interesting story - as I have replaced the stock 8331 prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum with Master Airscrew Stealth props. I was thinking as I read you post, I could tell an identical story replacing your 8330's with my 8331's, and replacing your 8331's with my MAS props.

It is interesting regarding your step in improvement from the 8331 to the MAS.
If so, and the MAS props worked ok on the M1P, then that would be quite a big difference from 8330 to MAS.

I wonder if the M1P would suffer any sort of vertical vibrations / 'jumping' going to the MAS props ?
The MPP has the different ESCs, and a small number of M1P pilots going from 8330 to 8331 advise of the gimbal jump effect, caused by vibration frequency, or resonance.
Of course gains can be adjusted to fix this according to YouTube tutorials, but I wary of changing too much in those settings, or to non OEM props etc.

It's an interesting subject, and I might just get a set of MAS props to try out . . . after all this cv-19 settles down.

I’d have jumped on MAS props were they easily available in my country. Someone bought a batch and sold me 1 set for the Mavic air and I loved them. Even so the final cost is around $30 per set and compare that with $17 for a set of 8331 or $15 for 8330....

I’d have jumped on MAS props were they easily available in my country. Someone bought a batch and sold me 1 set for the Mavic air and I loved them. Even so the final cost is around $30 per set and compare that with $17 for a set of 8331 or $15 for 8330....

Let us know what you think of them once you've had a chance to test them.
Watch for hovering stability of the aircraft too, as well as smooth gimbal position when hovering.

Reactions: lee82gx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+