DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

250fpv

Reactions
Hi
I recently got a DJI Mavic Pro that was extremely badly corroded with salt water. I cleaned all the board thoughroughly and have now got it to power up. But the rear led blinks 10 times and then goes solid red. I am powering the drone with a 3s LiPo on the battery v and g connections. The drone also won’t connect to my phone in WiFi mode or assistant 2. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks

Salt water kill the electronic components inside. Not sure how is powering on. Did you replaced the logic board inside?

Salt water kill the electronic components inside. Not sure how is powering on. Did you replaced the logic board inside?

Yeah I thoughtoghly cleaned all the boards and ribbon cables to get it to power on

Yeah, while you may have cleaned all that is visible, you can't get it all out. The various sensors, (Barometer, an elctro/mechanical sensor, more than likely dead. along with more bits)
Fresh water, you might have a chance of resurrecting the bird, but with salt water bath????
I would not bet any safety on it. Every electronic component is suspect.

Contact Thunder Drones (in Georgia) for eval and diagnostics on the bird....otherwise, you are just throwing caution to the wind if you fly that bird as is?

... the rear led blinks 10 times and then goes solid red....
You did not mention the color of the 10 blinks is but red flashing means IMU error and solid red means critical error (a rather broad term).

Reactions: Thomas B
Yeah, while you may have cleaned all that is visible, you can't get it all out. The various sensors, (Barometer, an elctro/mechanical sensor, more than likely dead. along with more bits)
Fresh water, you might have a chance of resurrecting the bird, but with salt water bath????
I would not bet any safety on it. Every electronic component is suspect.

Contact Thunder Drones (in Georgia) for eval and diagnostics on the bird....otherwise, you are just throwing caution to the wind if you fly that bird as is?

I have sold the drone now I have been repairing a few drones and wanted to see if salt water could be repaired or even if the drone could power up after salt damage but thank you for your help everyone

Hey guys, Jumping in here, my drone caught a wave to the face yesterday. I was holding it but just got a little silly and the motion of the ocean came too high (I feel like an idiot). Is there anyhting I an do to help my poor drone?

Hey guys, Jumping in here, my drone caught a wave to the face yesterday. I was holding it but just got a little silly and the motion of the ocean came too high (I feel like an idiot). Is there anyhting I an do to help my poor drone?

You dropped the drone on the ocean? Did u pick it up inmediately?

have you tried turning it back on yet and was it still on when you got it back

if you are comfortable remove the boards and wash thoughroughly with isopropanol alchohol and a toothbrush until they look very clean and then blow out the motors and gimbal motors with compressed air.

Try that but if it ends up working It might be a bit risky as salt water can do a lot of damage and the drone could end up crashing after.

I am away until Saturday and have my tools at home. I will report back in when I have that up and running. I will look to try and get every part checked before taking off.

That’s probably a good idea because the. You will get a new drone but will have to wait quite a while

You did not mention the color of the 10 blinks is but red flashing means IMU error and solid red means critical error (a rather broad term).
Hei. I'm hoping to find answer regarding the solid red light my mavic pro is having. it happened after I downloaded the upgrade. since then I could no longer connect it to the remote control and the red light remains since then.

Hi. I wish somebody in here could help me about my problem. I downloaded the upgrade but after since then, my mavic pro stopped functioning. I get the solid red light at the rear and it no longer connects to the remote control. i tried the dji support and all the tutorial i could find without success.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada