DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Unstable And Cannot Fly Stright

KevBot

Reactions
Hello!
I got my Mavic Pro about two weeks ago, and I feel like it is worse than my Phantom 3 Standard in terms of stability. I have linked to the video where I am trying to hover over a tree, yet it shifts around in the wind. I also cannot seem to always go in straight lines when I fly forward, it will sometimes veer to the left or right. I have calibrated the compass, and everything seems to be ok. Do I have a defective unit?

Aircraft weight and size matters in stability. I believe that is what your experiencing between the two.
You just got to get used to going smaller and portable.
And be ready for the wind.
What were the wind speeds that day when you flew?

Reactions: deltalimatango
To be honest I can't even tell, and I'm trying to see it shake, it looks real stable in my opinion. However I haven't seen the phantom 3 stabilization to compare

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Aircraft weight and size matters in stability. I believe that is what your experiencing between the two.
You just got to get used to going smaller and portable.
And be ready for the wind.
What were the wind speeds that day when you flew?

Oh Bird of Blue, you are sooooooooo spot on. I had a P4 and then switched to the Mavic. The first thing I noticed is that it did not appear as rock solid as the P4 in flight. I was getting a few high wind warnings as well. I didn't think to comment here or to make a stink about it because it is simply normal. For what it does the Mavic is truly a flying miracle. It is simply fun to fly. Yes, it will be a bit rocky but you pay for what you get. If I need something more stable, I will either get a P4P or simply get an Inspire.

Don't fly the Mavic in high winds, it's maybe the problem, also if you fly it straight and the wind is coming from sideways, the drone will go away! Tell me if it was useful by leaving a like!Thumbswayup

Reactions: newnan3 and moocao
Sorry to be a bore but....you're flying above houses / yards / highways in a urban setting, with what you believe may be a 'defective unit'. If it suddenly fell out of the sky, or 'flew away' towards yet more crowded areas, what would be the result? Are people trying to get us all banned by publishing these videos? The cops and authorities are itching to wield power over these drones and we now have another situation 'out there' for referral by them. I'm not in America but the FAA 107 rules seem pretty clear, I.e. "Small unmanned aircraft may not operate over any persons not directly participating in the operation."

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Sorry to be a bore but....you're flying above houses / yards / highways in a urban setting, with what you believe may be a 'defective unit'. If it suddenly fell out of the sky, or 'flew away' towards yet more crowded areas, what would be the result? Are people trying to get us all banned by publishing these videos? The cops and authorities are itching to wield power over these drones and we now have another situation 'out there' for referral by them. I'm not in America but the FAA 107 rules seem pretty clear, I.e. "Small unmanned aircraft may not operate over any persons not directly participating in the operation."

Spot on. Most of my flights are out over water or sparsely populated areas. When I do fly over areas with people I tend to do it at night for several reasons: 1. Not many people around should the thing fall out of the sky. 2. Night shots are cool if you can get them. 3 I don't like to be bothered by people asking me is that a drone. 4. Mainly 1 and 3.

Spot on. Most of my flights are out over water or sparsely populated areas. When I do fly over areas with people I tend to do it at night for several reasons: 1. Not many people around should the thing fall out of the sky. 2. Night shots are cool if you can get them. 3 I don't like to be bothered by people asking me is that a drone. 4. Mainly 1 and 3.
I don't like when people ask tooo

What is funny is he did get his drone down safely yet i have seen pictures on here of a guy flying his into a hotel sideways, yet no one commented on that and the safety rules.

Not to be a bore but there are a million posts on every thread the Op will surely see berating those who fly at 123 meters or 3 feet out of line of sight.

How about we stick to the helping side and instead of a half page post on the FAA/CAA/CIA/FBi oh and lets not forget the park rangers while we are at it, just stick a link up to whatever guidelines u want and point an arrow to it.

If you feel you need to "police" posters on this forum, at least do it correctly. FAA 107 does not apply to recreational flyers. Your quote is not applicable. Recreational fliers should not fly within 25 feet of people, over heavy road traffic or over weak structures/buildings. Rather, save your scolding for when something happens that requires action on your part. Chill out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR