DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro video freezes Gimble spinning

Geezus21

Reactions
My Mavic Pro has issues with the video feed/camera. After only a few moments(20 seconds) of flight time the video feed to my Samsung S8 freezes. The only way that i found to bring back the video feed is to land the Mavic and restart it. I noticed when the video freezes the Gimble seems to be re-calibrating itself mid flight just as it does when it starts up.

Note* This only seems to happen during flight, if I leave the Mavic on and grounded the video doesn't seem to drop.

Here is a link to whats happening after the video freezes.

Things I have tried.
Factory reset both controller and Mavic with DJI Assistant 2
Factory Reset Samsung S8
Reinstalled the DJI Go app on the Samsung S8
Stopped video cache to my device.
I updated to V01.04.0300 and still have the issue.
Downgraded to V01.04.100 and still have the issue.
Reset camera settings - When I reset camera settings it always says reset failed, but the settings are reset.
Formatted SD card
re-paired the controller to the Mavic
IMU calibration
Compass calibration
Factory defaults through assistant.

After all the troubleshooting I ended up sending the Mavic in for repair(2-15-2018). I read camera and gimbal are covered under warrenty for 6 months and I still fall with in the period.

**3-3-2018 Update** DJI replaced my Mavic with a new one. 2 flights so far and have had 0 issues. I'm glad they stand behind their products a make things right if there is an issue.

Last edited:
Search for Mid-Flight Gimbal Reset on the forum or youtube. Think you may have this problem. Unfortuantely there is no known fix.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven