DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro video weird vibrations

Even if stock like the OP says, with 8330 and not platinum 8331 props, there still could be some gain abnormality.

I would return it though, don't go stuffing around with an unmodified near new drone, return it and exchange if possible. . . \
Or, if too long after purchase but under warranty, open ticket and send to DJI per their directions.

Thanks for replying.

I have the stock 8330 props and I think I'm not gonna play with the gain since there's no visible vibration and this isn't the way it ideally should work. Plus the unit had been once returned to the store so it's possible that the previous owner has damaged it.

Considering these, I'm going to take it back. In Finland there's fortunately no such problem as having to deal with the manufacturer directly and sending stuff somewhere, because the law states that every reseller of a brand has to deal with all warranty returns/replacements of that brand and even without a receipt no matter from which store it was originally bought from.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thanks for the reply and idea.

I tried to do what you suggested and flew the drone on front and on top of me for a period of time during which the vibration happened. I payed close attention to the gimbal and had a friend with me to have another pair of eyes, but neither of us could notice any visible vibration of the gimbal while the distortion happened in the video.

Because of that, I decided not to try playing around with the gain since it's hard to get rid of the non-visible vibration (in contrast to the shaking in the video you linked, where it could be pretty easily seen if the settings have an effect on the physical bouncing of 1cm up and down).

I'm gonna take it back for replacement and hope to get a properly working one (or even change to the Mavic Air with a better camera and more intelligent vision system).
Good idea - that's why I was so precise in the description. If the problem is occurring, you WILL see physical shake in the gimbal. No shake - then sorry, but you'll need to look elsewhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98