DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Won't Descend

Ursus Horribilis

Reactions
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

First of all, I've updated the latest firmware, have updated the latest DJI Go4 app, calibrated the remote controller and have done just about everything else that should be done.

My issue is, when I go to approximately 45 meters in altitude and let it sit there for a minute, the Mavic won't descend when I pull the left stick back all the way. I hold it and nothing happens. Also, if I pull it back several times, the Mavic may suddenly start to descend but extremely slowly, and only a meter at a time and I have to keep pulling the left stick back numerous times to get the Mavic to descend. I have spent as much as three or four minutes trying to land it at times.

Also, I tried the Return To Home function to see if that would do it. It did indeed return to home, and then the voice said "Landing" but it just sat there and wouldn't land.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I took it out again this morning and it did the same thing.

Thanks for any help with this,

Bud

Makes me wonder if one (or two) of your downward vision sensors are dirty or have finger print smudges on them. Just a guess - as I believe if this were the case, then the Mavic might continually rise - which is not the case with yours...

Reactions: tcope
Give it enough time and it WILL descend... lol

I haven't tried mine yet since the upgrade, I'll try it this afternoon to see if I have the same issue.

Just curious, if it didn't descend, how did you get it back?

Reactions: Tatuli
Disable the downward vision sensors in GO app and try again.

Reactions: tcope
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

First of all, I've updated the latest firmware, have updated the latest DJI Go4 app, calibrated the remote controller and have done just about everything else that should be done.

My issue is, when I go to approximately 45 meters in altitude and let it sit there for a minute, the Mavic won't descend when I pull the left stick back all the way. I hold it and nothing happens. Also, if I pull it back several times, the Mavic may suddenly start to descend but extremely slowly, and only a meter at a time and I have to keep pulling the left stick back numerous times to get the Mavic to descend. I have spent as much as three or four minutes trying to land it at times.

Also, I tried the Return To Home function to see if that would do it. It did indeed return to home, and then the voice said "Landing" but it just sat there and wouldn't land.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I took it out again this morning and it did the same thing.

Thanks for any help with this,

Bud

Are you using a tablet? Flip it 180 degrees. Sometimes the antenna on the tablet can screw up the joysticks.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

I had the exact same issue and it turned out to be the downward vision sensors being dirty after landing on a dirt path while hiking.

Wiping them clean should fix the issue.

Sure sounds like a downward vision sensor issue to me too.

I had the same issue before the latest upgrade.

Bud

I haven't tried mine yet since the upgrade, I'll try it this afternoon to see if I have the same issue.

Thank you, and I'll try to remember how to do that again. I have a lot of trouble with my memory lately.

Bud

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Good question. I had to keep pulling the stick back numerous (a dozen or more times) and it eventually came down about a meter at a time. It just seems to do it when it's fairly high, like 50 meters or more. Once it gets to within 10 or 15 meters of the ground it comes the rest of the way just fine. It sure does take a lot of coaxing though, having to pull back on the left stick dozens of times to get it to come down. I tried just holding the stick back but get the same results.

I'm now afraid to take it too high anymore for fear I run out of battery power before I get it back to the ground.

Bud

I just checked the downward vision sensors and they look perfectly clean. Could there be something on them that I can't see that would stop it from landing?

Bud

I had the exact same issue and it turned out to be the downward vision sensors being dirty after landing on a dirt path while hiking.

Wiping them clean should fix the issue.

I just checked the downward vision sensors and they look perfectly clean. Could there be something on them that I can't see that would stop it from landing?

Bud

Could be sand, dirt or even grease from your finger prints. Wipe them clean and see if it helps.

I did that last night and I'm flying again on Saturday afternoon so we'll see how it all goes. I'll post here when I get back to let you all know.

Thanks so much for all the kind assistance. I do appreciate it very much.

Bud

Could be sand, dirt or even grease from your finger prints. Wipe them clean and see if it helps.

I'm sorry to have to ask this but I've looked everywhere and cannot find where to DISABLE the DOWNWARD VISION SENSORS.

Could someone please help?

Thank you.

Bud

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569