DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because you didn’t see the original post before he edited it? He blatantly asked for money towards a new drone or a donated replacement because he doesn’t have any money. Now that he has seen the error of his ways, people on here will hopefully take him more seriously and offer advise... just not money or a gift drone!
Why it's good to quote as you did as you have the original there.
Now as I see this headed in the wrong direction again when the OP comes back with the logs I will
reopen this .till then
IMG_9413.png

Why it's good to quote as you did as you have the original there.
Now as I see this headed in the wrong direction again when the OP comes back with the logs I will
reopen this .till then
OK guys the op has just contacted me and am opening this back up But Please THINK before you post .IMG_7921.jpg

Thank you @dirkclod OK, so I would like to ask an obvious question to the OP. Did you put the white props on the white motors and the black props on the black motors? I am not trying to be a jerk, but it is a valid question. Trying to figure out why the damage to the back of the blades. AND... what happens if you do that? Controls work backwards?

I tried flying through a covered bridge and the drone just decided to land. Then I hit "up and back" and it scraped the two rear blades on the asphalt and hopped back out. Those blades are still on and you can't tell they hit anything.
Yes, I have replacement blades and have been itching to put on the newer, quieter ones, but I want to beat up the original ones while I'm still learning. Besides the asphalt, they've also hit some skinny branches and they just refuse to get dinged up.

Last edited:
I tried flying through a covered bridge and the drone just decided to land. Then I hit "up and back" and it scraped the two rear blades on the asphalt and hopped back out. Those blades are still on and you can't tell they hit anything.
Yes, I have replacement blades and have been itching to put on the newer, quieter ones, but I want to beat up the original ones while I'm still learning. Besides the asphalt, they've also hit some skinny branches and they just refuse to get dinged up.
This isn't advised. Flying with damaged unbalanced props can damage the integrity of the drone over time. Do you really want to risk a $1000 drone for the cost of a $9 set of props? If you EVER damage a prop in any way, regardless how minor, you should replace it. I replace all props every 100 flights even with no signs of damage, just because of potential natural wear that may slightly affect balance. If the used props still look pristine, and still tight at the hinge, I'll keep them in a special bags for emergency spares.

I've been using the original props for over a year now, no issues.

This is a scammer you guys do know this?
He didn’t even fake break the props correctly.

Out of curiosity, are you using any kind of launch pad? If you’re not, you could be sucking up gravel or other foreign debris. Another thought would be that you made a radical maneuver while flying full-speed in sport mode. -Still, the type of damage shown in your picture is usually impact damage.

Those props don’t look to me like they just broke. They’re pretty banged up, like they hit something. Are you sure your Mavic didn’t fly into a tree?
Those 3 props are the props AFTER the crash supposedly after breaking one in mid flight.
I think he just lost 1 prop 5 times during flight. Either by not putting them on correctly, or, if it happened 5 times at the same motor, there could be something wrong with the connecting-mechanism at that motor.

Those 3 props are the props AFTER the crash supposedly after breaking one in mid flight.
I think he just lost 1 prop 5 times during flight. Either by not putting them on correctly, or, if it happened 5 times at the same motor, there could be something wrong with the connecting-mechanism at that motor.
I did ask for photos of the props that allegedly broke, causing the crashes. That's what he provided.

I also asked for flight logs, which he still hasn't provided. Therefore no one here can help him figure out what his alleged problem was. If I'd crashed my Mavic five times I'd certainly want some answers before I went begging strangers for money to buy me a replacement.

Reactions: rickw
I'm sorry I'm soo hard on this guy,let him send it to DJI and ask for money or a replacement and see what they say!

Let him do whatever. After I have Temp. Closed this and reopened 2 times after talking with him in a message he has not done what he said he would or I asked him to as far as providing the flight logs or responding back in this and without that I see no need in this going any further .
So this has went from Temp. Closed to just flat out closed .Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_