DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Status
Not open for further replies.
I crashed my mavic 2 times..
The first time, It was climbing ans hit a powerline around 30ft above ground, then it crashed on concrete very hard... One prop was just missing (maybe the one which touched the wire) and one other was damaged, cut in the middle, at the fold.
My other crash was in a tree, full speed, and not a single prop were damaged...
So what happens to you is bizarre for sure...
Your props looks like they were cut with a tool...

I saw a vid where guys tryed to see what could happen if they cut a prop. They cut it to.more than the middle of a blade, and the mavic took off, flaw and land...it was shaky, but still flying....

I also experienced some "soft touches" on trees or leafs, without crashing but the only prop I damaged was a low noise prop that the blade tip was missing, but I didn't noticed any strange moves from the drone...

Last edited:
Is trailing edge damage typical while the leading edge stays pristine?

This set of three props has obviously hit something. They are severly chipped, but not broken in two. Can you send the other sets as examples. I thought from your description that they must have become unhinged but the example herein suggests, as others have said, that you hit a tree or other obstacle.

Attachments

• ECU props.jpg
    ECU props.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 92
Those props don’t look to me like they just broke. They’re pretty banged up, like they hit something. Are you sure your Mavic didn’t fly into a tree?
Yeah I’m sure. I was around 200 feet high and was watching it. Nothing could’ve hit it.

I cannot imagine what might cause that kind of damage to the trailing edge. It looks like the dog chewed on it.

And the one on the left has dirt all over the tip.

This has to be a very poor attempt at a scam. There is zero chance that the same person would have 5 broken prop failures for apparently no reason.

Not only that, if it happened 5 times, there would have been 5 crashed Mavic's. So where are they and who did he scam to get replacements.

If it did happen, my first thought would have been improperly mounted props and one came off in flight. Still 5 times does not seem realistic, the Mavic would have been beaten up pretty bad by now. And a fall from 200' would have had a lot more damage than that shown in the photo. If he does provide the flight logs, we will know if it did fall from 200' and hopefully the reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinMA
This set of three props has obviously hit something. They are severly chipped, but not broken in two. Can you send the other sets as examples. I thought from your description that they must have become unhinged but the example herein suggests, as others have said, that you hit a tree or other obstacle.
In that picture, the right prop seems to have been eaten by something...like a rat? Or a bat? (Joking)
The way it's broken is very strange...I tried to bend in the lenght one of my old props , but I didn't even managed to brake it...
A blade cant brake like this while in flight! And if it hurts something, it will only brake the tip of the blade!?

I had a set of props that had a similar wear pattern on them. I wish I kept the pictures. I had a Mavic Pro up in the air and the rear blades were way worse then what this poster shows.

I however know exactly where it happened and how. I rubbed the mavic up against a power line in flight. Early in ownership of the mavic.

I had no damages on the leading edges only trailing some how. The mavic flew sorta fine but didn’t turn proper. I wasn’t until I got it on the ground and saw the video that I knew what happened

So that’s the long way I saying it’s possible to get a damage pattern only on trailing edge.

But this damage still looks very odd and as others have described like a rodent ate at it. I had bigger portions missing and a very irregular pattern.

He's a brand new member with his first post... maybe thinks this is DJI support?
He might have but there is no reason for members here to jump first time posters no matter what .
Seems this happens a lot here and I meant for it to stop .What new members here see when they first post reflects on all of us and I need say now more .
Some might ask for it of course but they should just be reported and staff do what we do .
You might not have seen I had Temp. Closed the thread till the OP talked to me and then I reopened it .
Why my post might look strange . Now I have answered where you quoted me so let this get
Back On Topic

Happens when you crash ...see first post..
being you missed intros , Welcome to the forum .

He might have but there is no reason for members here to jump first time posters no matter what .
Seems this happens a lot here and I meant for it to stop .What new members here see when they first post reflects on all of us and I need say now more .
Some might ask for it of course but they should just be reported and staff do what we do .
You might not have seen I had Temp. Closed the thread till the OP talked to me and then I reopened it .
Why my post might look strange . Now I have answered where you quoted me so let this get
Back On Topic[/QU
Back On Topic

I fully agree with you, tired of the negative comments right off the bat "Scammer" , "Fake", etc. They don't even give the OP a chance anymore. We are supposed to be a group of people with the same interests. Why all the angst?

Reactions: Chris_L
I fully agree with you, tired of the negative comments right off the bat "Scammer" , "Fake", etc. They don't even give the OP a chance anymore. We are supposed to be a group of people with the same interests. Why all the angst?
Maybe because you didn’t see the original post before he edited it? He blatantly asked for money towards a new drone or a donated replacement because he doesn’t have any money. Now that he has seen the error of his ways, people on here will hopefully take him more seriously and offer advise... just not money or a gift drone!

Reactions: rickw
Maybe because you didn’t see the original post before he edited it? He blatantly asked for money towards a new drone or a donated replacement because he doesn’t have any money. Now that he has seen the error of his ways, people on here will hopefully take him more seriously and offer advise... just not money or a gift drone!

I read EVERY comment before I commented.. why don't you go back and do the same? it has NOTHING to do with a guy trying to scam. If you can't comprehend whats going on ..don't comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_