DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Has anyone else had the experience of having their propellers break in midair? I’ve had mine do this around 5-6 times. Last night this happened around 200 feet up sending my Mavic into a death spiral and denying me all control. This caused it to fly about 1/2 mile away and crashing it causing the leg to snap and damaging the lens and gimbal. (And of course props) Is anyone else experiencing this issue and is there any way to get a cheap repair service since it was the products fault and not mine? Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Hello, I have a reoccurring problem of my propellers breaking in midair sending my Mavic into a death spiral. This has happened five or more times including last night. Last night my prop broke at around 200 feet up sending it spiraling down. Then, it starting moving. It ended up about 3/4 of a mile away in someone’s backyard. This leaves me with a broken leg gimbal and motor leaving me with expensive repairs which I don’t have the money for. If you could tell me why the props are breaking and some money for a new Mavic pro or even sending me a new one that would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you for your time.
:D:D:D:p:po_O

I thought begging on the streets was getting bad, now we've got it in this forum!!

What kind of props are you using? Are they OEM DJI props?

This has to be a very poor attempt at a scam. There is zero chance that the same person would have 5 broken prop failures for apparently no reason.

You guys are tough! He didn’t even provide an address?
(I’m not a believer yet either, but I am a fan of a good laugh.)

I have had a Mavic go into a wall prop-first and only had surface scuff damage to the props. Never seen or heard of OEM prop failure (except when not securely latched into the motor), certainly not 5 times.

Advice to OP; stop flying drones. Go back to manning the phone lines - I’m sure someone out there has a PPI or car accident claim they wish to tell you about.

Reactions: charliesRig
I can give out my address if needed I don't mind if it will work. My Mavic doesn't quite have the video quality I want and I can't afford a new bird right now. So if someone doesn't mind just send me an Inspire 2, the premium package would be great, but I won't be real greedy, I can make do with the Professional Combo :)) LOL

Lol , if free drones are getting shipped about send one up north where I’m at .
Please

Hahaha , good grief

Wow. I went and bought up as many replacement OEM props from best buy just to have when I needed them. I might have 10 pair at the house.

I haven't replaced a one yet.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Let's see some photos of your crashed Mavic and broken props, as well as the flight log from your crash.

Reactions: Kilrah
OK guys he has came back so lets stop with the cutting up and see just what is going on.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Has anyone else had the experience of having their propellers break in midair? I’ve had mine do this around 5-6 times. Last night this happened around 200 feet up sending my Mavic into a death spiral and denying me all control. This caused it to fly about 1/2 mile away and crashing it causing the leg to snap and damaging the lens and gimbal. (And of course props) Is anyone else experiencing this issue and is there any way to get a cheap repair service since it was the products fault and not mine? Thank you!

You'll have to excuse the early responses - your original post was really rather bizarre - did you think that you were addressing DJI?

What you describe is most unusual. A single prop failure is very rare. Five or six is completely unprecedented, and I'm sure that the answer to your revised question is no - no one else has experienced that.

You will need to post the flight logs, preferably both the txt log and the mobile device DAT, for one or more flight where this happened if you want any meaningful feedback.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Last edited:
You'll have to excuse the early responses - you original post was really rather bizarre - did you think that you were addressing DJI?

What you describe is most unusual. A single prop failure is very rare. Five or six is completely unprecedented, and I'm sure that the answer to your revised question is no - no one else has experienced that.

You will need to post the flight logs, preferably both the txt log and the mobile device DAT, for one or more flight where this happened if you want any meaningful feedback.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet
Yes, and I acknowledge that on my part. I am working on the flight logs for you guys. Thank you for your time and I’ll get back to you guys soon.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Those props don’t look to me like they just broke. They’re pretty banged up, like they hit something. Are you sure your Mavic didn’t fly into a tree?

Reactions: Kilrah
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots