DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Radio Mods Primer

The long awaited Go4 "Boost" mod results are in (cybernate has been bugging me for months). I fought with iTunes on the Mac for a week and finally gave in and bought an Android tablet.

Mavic Radio System Observations 4.0
DJI Go4 Boost Mod

video-stills-009.png

Stay tuned, I have started a whole new series on RC and AC amp's and antennas. They build upon this latest "boost" information that is now documented.

Reactions: lolo780 and Rnl
that was your problem don't use iTunes for that use itools4 or imazing :)

edit ahhh you using a mac too!!! that's your other problem too!! lol lol :)

that was your problem don't use iTunes for that use itools4 or imazing :)

edit ahhh you using a mac too!!! that's your other problem too!! lol lol :)

I normally use a Mac (until I can't). The Android tablet was a DREAM when doing mods like this.

I don't uses a mac I use windows with itools4 and it was no problem doing mods once I switch to itools4 that is! lol lol

what tablet did you get?

I don't uses a mac I use windows with itools4 and it was no problem doing mods once I switch to itools4 that is! lol lol

This mod was possible directly from the Android chrome browser and didn't have to touch windows or Mac. I listed the references in the 4.0 video.

ohh ok I will look at video later what tablet did you get?

ohh ok I will look at video later what tablet did you get?

Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Android 7.1.1

It's dated and old, but ran Go4 with no delays or other issues. I was on a budget and looking for "just enough" android tablet for the job.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Android 7.1.1

It's dated and old, but ran Go4 with no delays or other issues. I was on a budget and looking for "just enough" android tablet for the job.

ahh ok and thanks for all your research and tests you have done! :)

I received some of these

1MHz-3GHz UHF 2.4G Broadband Low Noise Amplifier RF LNA Amp Module 40DB VHF HF 699927979096 | eBay

And for the price they would make good birdside amps getting almost the same dbm and the dragon amps and they are a lot lighter

I started testing this week of bird side continuous carrier amp's on the right RX-only port (similar to the unit you listed in your post). Initial findings are encouraging, but it's no free lunch because of introduced additional noise. I will try to get some stats posted by the end of the week.

Interesting!

I have no personal experience with this, but please share your findings. Thanks.

"theorically" it should work but we all know how that goes..lol and I will I am hoping this weekend to play with that :)

my thought is an Omni antenna on the output of the amp and a panel antenna on the input of the amp...panel antenna would be aim at the pilot that is on the ground of course this setup would be on the pole 20 feet or so high

for testing purpose I wont use the pole at first

we posted at the same time :) I was thinking Omni on output of amp but panel would work to

of course keep coax as short as possible

my thought is an Omni antenna on the output of the amp and a panel antenna on the input of the amp...panel antenna would be aim at the pilot that is on the ground of course this setup would be on the pole 20 feet or so high

for testing purpose I wont use the pole at first

All the amps we use have an input trigger around 0-3 dBm. You won't be able to achieve this level over the air (best guess would be -30 dBm in perfect conditions).

By inserting the amp on the pole, this is no longer a "passive" solution. Just direct coax connect the 2 panel antennas at the top of the pole and see how it performs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02