DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Refurb Model Numbers

Numone

Reactions
Does anyone know if DJI “refurbished” Mavic 2 models have a different serial number idents to those on “new” units?
I ask as I just bought a “refurbished” M2P from a large DJI authorised dealer here in the UK, which is shown as being unflown, not registered and which comes with a full 12 month DJI warranty.
Its fully boxed and it was factory shrink wrapped, which I compared to a “new” boxed unit at a High Street store, so it appears to be completely untouched and brand new. Given this, I can’t really tell if there are actually any differences between this and a “new” unit which is £250 more, hence my original question.

It happens. I recently bought an unused, sealed, unregistered M2P and controller for $1K USD, about $400 less than market. It was manufactured only 3 months before my purchase.
You can check here: DJI SERIAL DECODER

Does anyone know if DJI “refurbished” Mavic 2 models have a different serial number idents to those on “new” units?
I ask as I just bought a “refurbished” M2P from a large DJI authorised dealer here in the UK, which is shown as being unflown, not registered and which comes with a full 12 month DJI warranty.
Its fully boxed and it was factory shrink wrapped, which I compared to a “new” boxed unit at a High Street store, so it appears to be completely untouched and brand new. Given this, I can’t really tell if there are actually any differences between this and a “new” unit which is £250 more, hence my original question.
My old P3s and MP1 were both purchased as refurbished units. Both were indistinguishable from new, both had all of the stickers, plastic protector tabs, etc.. Both had 1 yr warranties and new batteries, as do all of the refurbished units. My MP1 had an R in the serial but I'm not sure all of the refurbished ones do.

Last edited:
Either way I believe the refurbished drones are Rock solid. I had to send in my Mavic Pro for repair and got back another drone that looked brand new. It has been an unbelievable drone. Enjoy your drone at a reduced price.

So, if you run the decoder and it says model unknown but reflects a very recent date of build - could that mean refurbished ?

DJI Refurbished Product FAQ

How can I identify a refurbished product?
Check the serial number. For all refurbished products, the fifth from last character will be "S"or "R".

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada