DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Scotland

Would really like to maybe meet up with some Mavic pilots in Scotland. Just got my drone a few weeks ago (after ordering what seems like years ago). Still feel like a complete noob on it though...

Took it out for a first flight on Boxing Day only for it to start snowing. ABOOOOORT !!! :eek:
Footage is from Blairgowrie. Hoping to head to Loch Lomond once the weather calms... although a bit nervous about the whole flying of water thing...

I'm just down the road from you in Dundee. All going well should have my Mavic next week if you want to hook up for a fly sometime. I've done plenty of flying and building of multirotors over the last few years and know fairly well the capabilities of these things

Reactions: Rupert
I'm based in Hamilton and managed to get my Mavic from Maplin on the 22nd December (mainly thanks to this forum). I haven't had much opportunity to fly it due to the weather, but from the few flights I've had so far, its blown my mind.

I can't wait to get it up into the mountains this winter, which was one of the main reasons for purchasing it.

Anyway, here are two quick photos I've grabbed with it so far...

Glasgow Uni
Glasgow_Uni_SMK_001.jpg

Hamilton Mausoleum
Hamilton_Mausoleum_Sunrise_SMK_001.jpg

Last edited:
Be careful
glasgow.jpg

Be careful
glasgow.jpg

They were both shot two days ago, when no restrictions were in place.

What resource did you use for those warnings? That's a nice simple interface.

They were both shot two days ago, when no restrictions were in place.

What resource did you use for those warnings? That's a nice simple interface.
Airmap, used it for a while. Most APPS ie. DroneASSIST, Hover, etc... will use similar data.
http://www.airmap.com

Loch Leven's a good flight. About 1km from shore to Loch Leven castle where Mary Queen of Scots was held in the 1600s. If you're feeling saucy, Kinghorne to Inchkeith is 2.8 miles and I'm gathering the courage to have a crack at it when I get my Mavic.

You gave me the inspiration dude and done this today [emoji1303]
Takes about 1 and half minutes to get there in normal mode from the shortest point.

What a great feeling flying at this awesome location [emoji4]

Heres a few snaps [emoji1303]
62bfaf4586b05084da0f20c5a5678de1.jpg

1893b1ab6c9ba83b03ea1db3cdeb1314.jpg

You gave me the inspiration dude and done this today
Takes about 1 and half minutes to get there in normal mode from the shortest point.

What a great feeling flying at this awesome location
Heres a few snaps

Groovy, looks like you got an absolutely perfect (but freezing cold) day for it. Fly from the edge of the cemetery?

Groovy, looks like you got an absolutely perfect (but freezing cold) day for it. Fly from the edge of the cemetery?

Yeah, was a bit nippy but i had the batteries stuffed in an inner pocket are were good to good straight away at 25 degrees.
I did take off from there as its the shortest distance to the island and had plenty of time to explore [emoji1303]

Reactions: Rupert and Watty
You gave me the inspiration dude and done this today [emoji1303]

What a great feeling flying at this awesome location [emoji4]

Heres a few snaps [emoji1303]
62bfaf4586b05084da0f20c5a5678de1.jpg

1893b1ab6c9ba83b03ea1db3cdeb1314.jpg
Drive past it twice every working day. Had to order another which says coming Feb.

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
Did anyone check with local authorities before flying?

OK guys I just cleaned up some post and lets please not keep on with the insults and stay on topic . Thank You
have some dip.gif

Reactions: Watty and UAV Man
Thank you and apologies for any offence, strange how a simple question can result in such a response from some.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan