DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic to the rescue! It was a "dark and stormy night".

Possums

Reactions
Can we do "dropbox" ?

Dropbox - Mavics to the rescue.mp4

OK ... maybe not dark or stormy ...but at least windy! If it had been a tad less windy, I know I could have pulled this off! (Rob at "Thunderdrones" - you are going to get these two again - sorry)
Anyway, I was trying to do my first cinematic test flight while filming the pouring of my neighbor's new driveway. Looks good for the first minute or so, doesn't it?
That was the moment I realized that I have not checked the height of the trees on the right side of my "almost" perfect circle. Of course, the Mavic Pro doesn't have any "side" sensors - so... not completely pilot error - right? Anyway, it got hung on a limb - but just barley - by the right front "foot", but hung-up never the less.
So I sent up the next of my "Band of brothers" rescue Mavics, with about a 3 ft fiber fishing pole (a fishing pole broken in half) with a removable "hook" fashioned from a clothes hanger that I had attached to a length of 30 lb fishing line that seemed quite adequate for the situation.
Did I mention that it was "windy". In theory it worked out fine. In Patrice, I barely managed to hook the 1st Mavic before hitting a "small pine branch". They both got hung up after that and I had to send a 3rd Mavic with a "kite" cord to fly over and down the limb and finally pull them down. Rob - Will help me put them back together - I hope.
Whole thing took maybe 40 minutes, but made my afternoon!

Wow! Surprised the Mavic flew with that 1/2 fishing pole and hook assembly! You almost had the first Mavic. Sooooo close!

Great innovation and ingenuity! Glad third time was a charm!

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Lols - it's a very entertaining video - especially when the second one goes down :) You're lucky you have a fleet of them !

Lols - it's a very entertaining video - especially when the second one goes down :) You're lucky you have a fleet of them !

Attachments

• Standard 1.jpg
    Standard 1.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 207
What the.......?:D Are all of those P3 Standards? LOL...I have ONE and I like it...but 18? That's a small militia. I would hate to be your enemy. :)

Good practice drones, besides, Rob's got them now - if you need a good P3S.

Reactions: Shuggins
Excellent video. Great steering with the second drone - but a tad too low, I guess. I think if your first drone had been equipped with DJI's propeller guards, it would have been a lot easier to snag - and might not have crashed. btw, I just received my Mavic Pro back from Rob's repair in Georgia, and I HIGHLY recommend his work, communication, and prices. Here's a shot of my [just returned] Mavic Pro with its propeller guards and height extenders (gotta protect that gimble!):
Mavic_Pro.png
Mavic_Pro.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian