DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic travel Vlog transition effects tutorials for Davinci Resolve

I use Luma Fusion on iPad. Several video tutorials. I like it and very inexpensive

Davinci Resolve

I have never used photo or video editing software. My primary intent is removing unwanted parts of a video (1080p) and splicing parts together. It is not my intend to color correct. My Lenovo laptop is an I7 @2.8GHz, SSD, 16 GB ram and graphics is Nvidia, not certain what flavor.

In your opinion is this config going to work or will I go to lunch after starting each process?

I have never used photo or video editing software. My primary intent is removing unwanted parts of a video (1080p) and splicing parts together. It is not my intend to color correct. My Lenovo laptop is an I7 @2.8GHz, SSD, 16 GB ram and graphics is Nvidia, not certain what flavor.

In your opinion is this config going to work or will I go to lunch after starting each process?

You’re laptop will work fine for this purpose. You could even use a mobile app for simple cut/splice of 1080p clips

Reactions: Turn11
Learn how to Fly through objects in Resolve!

Create moving pictures (aka cinemagraphs) for instagrams

Forgot to mention a few other videos

Simple screen pump effect

Blank and blur your vertical videos

Speed up your color grading in Resolve!

Sound editing tips for your travel vlogs and videos

Easy way to match your DSLR and Drone shots in Resolve 16!

A popular editing tool in Premier Pro, After Effects, and FCPX is the adjustment layer. This is now available in the Edit Tab to save lots of time in editing!! This is an easy tutorial on how to setup an adjustment layer or clip in DaVinci Resolve.

An easy tutorial on how to slow down clips smoothly without ghosting using Optical Flow Speed Warp when editing in DaVinci Resolve 16!

An easy tutorial on how to save time converting video clips into Instagram formats using multiple timelines in DaVinci Resolve 16

Where do you adjust the codec?

I am having problems with the speed (i5, 8Gb ram, SP4), even after "optimizing the media" and running down at 8bit Colour and 720p I can't seem to get any transitions or titles etc to work without getting the "GPU error" - it wont even preview them on timeline, and renders dead frames.

The rest of the editing is fine, it's just the effects?
Thanks for this, by the way. I have the same computer and was thinking of trying Resolve, but it sounds like I may need to hold off until I can upgrade.

An easy one on how to auto upload your edit to YouTube or Vimeo

A popular effect by Benn TK is now available

Learn how to save your efx and settings to use across multiple projects in Resolve 16.1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest