DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic video quality problems

Fattybolatty

Reactions
Hi,just got my mavic a few days ago and have flown it a couple of times. on reviewing the video footage it seems of very poor quality and I'm getting a king of ripple effect especially anything that is white in colour.
Yes i have done the tap to focus before filming.
filming 1080p 50fps
all other settings are standard.
updated firmware and calibrated imu before first use. Any ideas?
i will try and get a video clip to show what it looks like.

here is a vid, if you look at the front of the buildings on the right you will see them flicker as if there is a diagonal stripe running across them.
Any help would be appreciated.
je_y4TXu9RU

There are several threads about rather poor performance at 1080p unless you use 30fps or less.
It's a feature not a fault - just not a very useful feature.

I noticed the same problem in 1080p personally I film in 4k the quality is much better and I reduce in 1080p assembly

The issue with the buildings is a common issue called 'aliasing'. Your Mavic isn't broke. As others have mentioned, shooting in 4k and downsampling to 1080P may help in some instances. Otherwise, google around and enjoy spending many hours getting up to speed on this topic. (It's good info to know)

Hi,just got my mavic a few days ago and have flown it a couple of times. on reviewing the video footage it seems of very poor quality and I'm getting a king of ripple effect especially anything that is white in colour.
Yes i have done the tap to focus before filming.
filming 1080p 50fps
all other settings are standard.
updated firmware and calibrated imu before first use. Any ideas?
i will try and get a video clip to show what it looks like.

If you are going to shoot at 50 fps you need a filter and switch to manual settings. Otherwise stay at 30 fps

isn't this just "jello", which would be cured by using a ND filter which will be available soon; it's because the shutter speed is too high.

No, it's the aliasing caused by the crude resize process used for >30fps framerates due to insufficient processing power to do it better (as we've been told by DJI reps).
And jello is not "cured" by an ND filter, it's turned into a less distracting blur but that's not desirable either.

Hi All,

I recently got my Mavic Pro and flown it a few times. I am seeing terrible noise/grains in the video and aliaising effect even when shooting at 4K, 25 fps. I used the stock settings. Wondering if I have a broken piece or need to do something with the settings/firmware/DJI app etc.? Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S: I am running the latest firmware.

Here's the night video...lot of noise. Again, I am very new to this entire system, please advise as to what am I missing here.

Considering the low light (first video) I don't think that's too bad, it is trying very hard to make it contrasty with bright colours - which doesn't work too well at dusk.
The only decent night footage I've seen is from very brightly lit city centres.
You need to try more 'normal' light conditions and turning the custom settings to all -1 is going to improve things.

Thanks. I used to have P4 before I returned it for Mavic. Since I didn't observe such noise in low light settings for that, I was a little taken by surprise. Also, youtube's processing has made the video a little softer; the raw footage looks lot more grainy.

Anyway, I think as long as the video quality issues I am seeing in daylight at 4K are not there, I would be happy. I will try the proposed settings.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
I have the same issue, i am running it at 4k 25fps, it's noticeable in this setting especially white objects. Is this something that can be adjusted in software or a Mavic firmware update?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31