DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic yaw drift

Today i maked factory reset, calibrate IMU on perfect leveled surface, next calibrate gimabl and next i went outside and drive to field, i mean literally field, nearest building was approx 500m and of cause i leave all metal things behind and then calibrate compas, it helps nothing.. is excatly the same, not even litle better.

Today i maked factory reset, calibrate IMU on perfect leveled surface, next calibrate gimabl and next i went outside and drive to field, i mean literally field, nearest building was approx 500m and of cause i leave all metal things behind and then calibrate compas, it helps nothing.. is excatly the same, not even litle better.

In that case I would begin to suspect a bad z-axis rate gyro, since those data appear to be out of calibration.

sar104 i have a update, it is not the drone.. it is the gimbal ..

Like you see it does not happens always, what do you think about it ?\

of cause i have Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow turned off

Last edited:
Reactions: laurens23
I will be thankful for any comments , what do You rhint about this issue ?

sar104 i have a update, it is not the drone.. it is the gimbal ..

Like you see it does not happens always, what do you think about it ?\

of cause i have Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow turned off

Slight gimbal drift is not uncommon in that situation , but what was shown in the logs was actual aircraft rotation.

do you also have this gimbal drift ?

I think I've seen it on occasion, but swinging it around manually indoors is not a very fair or representative test. As I said - in the flight logs that you posted there is actual heading drift being commanded by the FC, I think to attempt to resolve the yaw discrepancy - and that is a different problem.

Ok so i ask differently :) do you ever see on your recording some yaw dift ? dosen't matter that caused by gimbal or drone rotating ?

Last time I get low approx 2m from ground and watch carefully drone, im almost sure that he is not rotating, only gimbal move.
Maybe this is 2 issues, on low atitute it use a sonar to hold still and only gimbal moves, and on higher it move by it self plus gimabl
Honestly, I'm disheartened, mavic is not a cheap toy, today i will upload logs from my last fligh (that one after software reset and recalibration) can you check that you still see that rotating in high atitute.

Ok so i ask differently :) do you ever see on your recording some yaw dift ? dosen't matter that caused by gimbal or drone rotating ?

Last time I get low approx 2m from ground and watch carefully drone, im almost sure that he is not rotating, only gimbal move.
Maybe this is 2 issues, on low atitute it use a sonar to hold still and only gimbal moves, and on higher it move by it self plus gimabl
Honestly, I'm disheartened, mavic is not a cheap toy, today i will upload logs from my last fligh (that one after software reset and recalibration) can you check that you still see that rotating in high atitute.

No - I have not seen aircraft yaw drift of the kind that you are seeing, and I haven't looked at logs for gimbal drift because it hasn't been a problem for me. By all means post a new log and we can see if anything has changed.

Are you on the latest firmware? If not then you could also try updating. And if it really is a hardware problem then I think that it should be covered under warranty since you have the log data demonstrating the behavior.

Sar104 any update on latest logs ? :) I already pack my Mavic and it is ready to send it back.

one word, calibration and do all the calibrations, joysticks, compass and imu...

I've had a similar problem, but I think it is caused by the "synchronous follow" (?) option on the gimble. The camera "yaws" / pans even though the drone is hovering still. Are you sure your problem isn't caused by this? Try turning off the "synchronous follow" option in the gimble settings (?).

Had this happen to me also. I went ahead and calibrated the compass and the controller sticks, which sorted it out. Only issue with doing both at once is I don't know which one alleviated the problem :)

Interested to see this because I also feel that my Mavic also yaws to the left despite recalibrating everything. I assumed that maybe I was holding the stick over without realizing it. I have calibrated the controller so that it doesn’t react to the first stick deviation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas