DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Battery Mods

Smack dab in the middle of Iowa. I work outside all year round, so I thought I would be tougher, until I went outside this morning with the dogs. It was -43 then.
I realized,that cold is not fit for man or beast, let alone a drone.
Why do you call your dog a man??

Reactions: dirtybum
Smack dab in the middle of Iowa. I work outside all year round, so I thought I would be tougher, until I went outside this morning with the dogs. It was -43 then.
I realized,that cold is not fit for man or beast, let alone a drone.
Holy cow!! My spousal unit was complaining it only got up to 50F today :)

1548892273212.png

Yeah that flux is no joke though. A little goes a long way, the flux will last you forever, it's the wire that runs out. Do some test solders on some junk equipment, let me know what you think.

I don't know if that wire is anything special, I'd be interested to ask the company

Yeah that flux is no joke though. A little goes a long way, the flux will last you forever, it's the wire that runs out. Do some test solders on some junk equipment, let me know what you think.

I don't know if that wire is anything special, I'd be interested to ask the company
Give me an example of hard to solder metals and I will test with this and then regular solder to see if that wire is special or not.

@dirtybum you were not kidding when you said this stuff was expensive.

50 bucks gets you this (pen not included):

View attachment 61468

To me It seems like you payed too much.

I bought this stuff https://www.amazon.com/Harris-500K-...rds=Harris+500K+Al-Solder+500+Aluminum+Solder when i was splitting lipo batteries and it was the only way i could get the solder to stick to the tabs. It was like a miracle for me. The last time i used it was on lion batteries just to be safe i could make the solder stick fast so i didnt have to heat up the battery too long. I don't know if it actually helped but I didn't want to take chances with them.

Hi all , I’m new to battery mod. It normal when you buy 5200ahm battery but only charger up to 4300amh , I used smart charger or charger at 2a but still dint get 5200. The brand is Turnegy

Yeah they are rare. I might still get one, it was one the top performers on the p3. I can always use it on p3 if it don't work on mav2.
Here was my last MS8000Photo Jan 15, 11 19 47 AM.jpgPhoto Jan 15, 11 18 43 AM.jpg

To me It seems like you payed too much.

I bought this stuff https://www.amazon.com/Harris-500K-...rds=Harris+500K+Al-Solder+500+Aluminum+Solder when i was splitting lipo batteries and it was the only way i could get the solder to stick to the tabs. It was like a miracle for me. The last time i used it was on lion batteries just to be safe i could make the solder stick fast so i didnt have to heat up the battery too long. I don't know if it actually helped but I didn't want to take chances with them.
It looks like you need to order the wire separate and cost comes out about the same:

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Solder-Wire-96-5-3-5Ag/dp/B00DC3102Y/

Reactions: dirtybum
Is there a good story behind the pics?

I could fill a whole scrapbook of pictures like that one. Any flight that ends that way is a good story! So yeah I got lots of good stories.
That particular flight was trying to beat a previous personal best and at the time p3 record of 62,000 feet. I was going to come up a mile short. I needed to make it across a road to have a good place to lay it down. Just didn't quite make it, smacked the concrete pretty hard. That ms8.0 was a good balance, and like Chazz commented, was one of my favorites. But the fact that it smacked and I couldn't replace it, lead me to try it's bigger brother the 10.0, which is a really good battery and did some amazing flights

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird