DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Battery Mods

Just before the Mavic2 came out I bought a set of those horribly expensive thunder power 3S batteries. Anyone have experience making 4S variants from these? Any "gotchas" I should consider before surgery?

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Poor you ,
I think you can just change them to someone need

Why don't you check the +/- junctions with the battery turn on ?

@lolo780 @CyberNate @chazz @SkyNinja , See attached for the batteries that Lolo highly recommended.

I also bought the charger that cybernate recommended for over packing the LiHv's. I bought 4 batteries and 2 of them error out during the charge cycle.

Just curious if this looks familiar to anyone??

View attachment 45619 View attachment 45620 View attachment 45621 View attachment 45622

I had a lot of problems with those batteries. I bought 2 and both had bad cells.

Reactions: SkyNinja
Man those are super expensive mistakes...
Yeah, and they never responded to my support case I opened. If you check voltages probably there 1 or more cells that are very low. The charger may have timed out trying to balance them. You can try again.

Yeah, and they never responded to my support case I opened. If you check voltages probably there 1 or more cells that are very low. The charger may have timed out trying to balance them. You can try again.
Took my charger 8 hours plus to balance because batteries arrived completely out of balance.

Took my charger 8 hours plus to balance because batteries arrived completely out of balance.
I have tried restarting the charge several times and it errors within a minute. Is there some timer setting in the charger to modify to allow what you mention?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato