DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Pro Stress Crack Cause Theory

Tagmaster

Reactions
I was hoping for the go ahead on glue but a few months ago my post on another app quickly resulted in me deciding I'd send my Mavic2 Pro back for stress crack repair. I'm currently flying an Air2S and finally getting ready to call DJI monday for return assistance. The comments left on my previous post included. "You crashed it that's what happened! If that was the case its not like I've some reason to hide it but nothing really stood out to me with regard to a crash or hard landing. Since that time I've read here that theses stress crack can be from other things and some believe its from pushing battery down while drone is on hard surface. What I THINK is that 3 or 4 times maybe more the battery was added while the legs were closed. I stopped doing that when it dawned on me this could be harmful. IMO that caused it on mine but I'll still maintain that the plastic was inferior and aim for at least a discount. To be safe...Never add battery with legs closed.
Please if anyone has any advice on best way to insure it when sending it back that's much appreciated but another concern is when they send it back to me.
I'll try not to make contents obvious as I've heard a lot about thefts but have been lucky so far on 2 China purchases and one repair. When you buy it initially it seems covered more(If I don't get it Affirm does not get paid). But on the sending back for repairs your apparently a lot more at risk?

Attachments

• 20220828_060122.jpg
    20220828_060122.jpg
    720.9 KB · Views: 50
That’s not stress, that’s impact. My suggestion is to apply a good resin, let it cure, and then take off and fly if that’s all that is preventing you from flying. ✅

Do you open the legs slowly or let them snap open?
Cant specifically recall hard openings but that's a good point since they like to spring toward the end of extending, Guess if you know that sound its too hard so maybe that's a possible factor.Lightly used relative to what some go through but after 3 yrs those openings add up.

That’s not stress, that’s impact. My suggestion is to apply a good resin, let it cure, and then take off and fly if that’s all that is preventing you from flying. ✅
Just got done downloading Litchi and making sure it works with my drone before sending it in. To the best of my knowledge DJIGo4 was working before I put DJIFly on my phone for the Air2s. I'm sure you have heard all the BS about Djigo 4 ughh.Since I've got my UAS and do photo/video for hire some I've got an Air2s backup but even though for example a monthly construction job site I'm doing is in a high traffic area I agree that it would probably fracture noticeably more prior to a break of the arm.
Honestly I'm on the fence about sending it in for reasons beyond just repair costs but....
It is a relatively older model (Maverick Pro 2) however I'm thinking that since they still sell new third party for at least $1400 it might make sense to spend $300 to $500 for repairs so i was holding off on resin.
But yeah I'd totally love to glue it and say screw it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1