DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 smart controller....

Very slightly off topic, the SD card slot on the Controller. Is that for additional memory (select eitger save to drone or controller) or is it to put the drones SD card into so the stored footage can be viewed? I will crawl back into my hole now!

The controller takes the place of your phone so it needs memory to cache flight videos and whatever else you decide you want to save. You can also screen record your flights to the memory card. When the flight is over, you can put the SD card from your drone into the controller and view them and/or use the transfer app on the controller to directly transfer the video to your phone. You can also directly use the DJI app to edit the video then export it.

The controller takes the place of your phone so it needs memory to cache flight videos and whatever else you decide you want to save. You can also screen record your flights to the memory card. When the flight is over, you can put the SD card from your drone into the controller and view them and/or use the transfer app on the controller to directly transfer the video to your phone. You can also directly use the DJI app to edit the video then export it.

Thankyou Khabbi

Very slightly off topic, the SD card slot on the Controller. Is that for additional memory (select eitger save to drone or controller) or is it to put the drones SD card into so the stored footage can be viewed? I will crawl back into my hole now!
You can view the drone stuff on the controller as well as expanding the memory as well .

My questions revolve around the stability of an Android device. Now maybe this device is more robust that a separate Android phone or tablet but when my tab has decided to kill the DJI-Go app, the controller continues to function and I can control the aircraft or bring it in more quickly if necessary. If this Android system implodes, do the joysticks and buttons still function?

Speaking of Android, I saw the review above where he mentioned trying to load other apps.

Does this thing have Home/Recent/Back functions like Android? If so, how about an experiment - Bring up Recent and Kill DJI-go? Does the controller still work?

Yes the remote continues to function if you close the App.

So far in my tests the thing is very stable and has not fallen over yet.

Anyone installed a Screen Recorder on the Smart controller or is one built-in?

Is its card slot micro or standard sd?

Smart Controller has built in recorder, SD card is standard, can be configured to extend the system memory if required.

USB-A port can be used for card readers and SSD/HD drives up to 2 TB.

You can configure the SD card slot to be for extended system memory or data storage, the USB-A can be used for 4G dongles, card readers or Hard/SSD Drives

hi, it is only my first day with the M2P and i do not yet know it well, obviously, but i can tell the stock controller drains battery very fast as it seems to be in the constant charging mode to feed the phone that runs the app.
I also saw a comment somewhere criticizing battery life of the new smart controller saying it is shorter than an old one. Is it true or not? As after my Taranis that can remain charged for a week it is very uneasy to deal with a remote that depletes by half in 2-3 hrs. What is the actual running time of the new controller to get to a 50% battery from a full charge?

hi, it is only my first day with the M2P and i do not yet know it well, obviously, but i can tell the stock controller drains battery very fast as it seems to be in the constant charging mode to feed the phone that runs the app.
I also saw a comment somewhere criticizing battery life of the new smart controller saying it is shorter than an old one. Is it true or not? As after my Taranis that can remain charged for a week it is very uneasy to deal with a remote that depletes by half in 2-3 hrs. What is the actual running time of the new controller to get to a 50% battery from a full charge?
The 2 reviews i have seen says a good 2 hours. Of course screen brightness will come into play. I think we can count on 4 batteries per charge. Mine currently while charging an android device will use 17% of control battery per battery (around 24-25 minute flight time)

Smart Controller has built in recorder, SD card is standard, can be configured to extend the system memory if required.

USB-A port can be used for card readers and SSD/HD drives up to 2 TB.

So you can basically fill up and sd card, then copy that over to an external hard drive?

So you can basically fill up and sd card, then copy that over to an external hard drive?

The controller has 16GB of internal storage and you can expand that by adding up to a 128GB micro SD card. You can view/transfer cached footage, save screen recordings, as well as view footage from the drone itself. Anything you can put on that SD card could certainly be transferred to an external hard drive or other backup device.

Well, my shipping status just turned to this! What the? Looks like I may not be getting mine on Friday after all.

Have you guys that ordered checked your status? Are you seeing something similar?

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 1.27.11 AM.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying