DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 smart controller....

This is happening to every single person that ordered. It is not a lack of workers at customs. DJI failed to provide any of the customs documentation on all of these orders. Until fedex contacts DJI, DJI files the proper forms and customs release these orders all of our stuff is stuck in customs. This is a major f-up on DJI's end which could lead to your order being stuck in customs indefinitely until DJI files the paperwork on thousands of orders and gets them to fedex. Then fedex has to deal with it on a package by package basis. This could take a month or longer. Lets hoping things can get processed much sooner. Personally I want a partial credit back as this is bs.

How do you know for sure that they are stuck in customs did bad ax tell you this???

Well it’s not so smart! It won’t let me update to the lastest mavic 2 firmware! Kept saying no network connection restart and try again later! Waited and tried again and no luck. Connected the original controller back to my phone and downloading now. Also there’s a new iOS app and no new update for the new controller!!!! Come on DJI get this sorted!

They seem to be getting worse as time goes by we need a US a company to get it together and come out with a better drone and we will dump DJI forever

How do you know for sure that they are stuck in customs did bad ax tell you this???
i just chatted with DJI support - they confirm it is at customs due to paperwork issue. not much can be done now i think. i did not care to argue or demand anything, but, it anybody will negotiate anything out of this - pls post here.

Well it’s not so smart! It won’t let me update to the lastest mavic 2 firmware! Kept saying no network connection restart and try again later! Waited and tried again and no luck. Connected the original controller back to my phone and downloading now. Also there’s a new iOS app and no new update for the new controller!!!! Come on DJI get this sorted!

Exactly the same problem I have!

My Smart Controller sees the firmware update but when I go to download it tells me I am not connected.

This despite it being able to compare revisions with the server in the first instance, being able to go to the DJI homepage and browse the web using the built-in Lightning browser and my Wi-Fi settings telling me I am connected, with an excellent signal strength of 54Mbps on 5GHz!

Problem is I don’t have an original controller as I purchased my M2P package with the Smart Controller at the outset.

-=Glyn=-

Probably have to plug it into your computer and update via assistant 2. Android app FW update hasn't worked forever, and since the SC is running android it's probably using the same Go 4 app.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnzacJack
Sorry guys but i dont really understand where we can find the positive point of that new controler...
The mavic drones are foldable and built to be carried , in the smallest space as possible...but this new controler seems to be bigger than the drone itself!!
Maybe the screen is bright enough to fly under hard sun , or maybe autonomy is improved, or you will not need to choose a phone/tablet that can run djigo without any bugs or freezes anymore...?? Is that positive enough to ignore portability?
For me , portability(and quality as well) is why I bought a mavic...this new controler is a crap for me...
IMHO, it deletes a lot of stuff from my pre flight checklist, plus I wouldn't need to carry my dedicated mobile and as I fly mostly in South America I could start seeing something on the screen not having to be always looking to find a shadow thus placing myself in a location that may decrease my radio transmission and video feed...

My Smart Controller sees the firmware update but when I go to download it tells me I am not connected.

This despite it being able to compare revisions with the server in the first instance, being able to go to the DJI homepage and browse the web using the built-in Lightning browser and my Wi-Fi settings telling me I am connected, with an excellent signal strength of 54Mbps on 5GHz!

Problem is I don’t have an original controller as I purchased my M2P package with the Smart Controller at the outset.

-=Glyn=-
very sad,im suppose to get my smart controller tommy,now it is stuck in customs,im so upset, now reading your post I need a pacemaker ,I'm not mind set to speak im so dam pissed at Dji,very sin gee item iv brought has been a nightmare, worse customer service in the worlds hope they get sued ,im debating on getting my refund

very sad,im suppose to get my smart controller tommy,now it is stuck in customs,im so upset, now reading your post I need a pacemaker ,I'm not mind set to speak im so dam pissed at Dji,very sin gee item iv brought has been a nightmare, worse customer service in the worlds hope they get sued ,im debating on getting my refund
sorry about my rank spelling just to upset with them yangs lol

Probably have to plug it into your computer and update via assistant 2. Android app FW update hasn't worked forever, and since the SC is running android it's probably using the same Go 4 app.

Thanks for taking the time to reply but for £579 for a DJI Smart Controller sold and optimised by DJI for a DJI drone giving me the option to update DJI firmware by pressing a few buttons I shouldn’t have to really should I?

-=Glyn=-

Thanks for taking the time to reply but for £579 for a DJI Smart Controller sold and optimised by DJI for a DJI drone giving me the option to update DJI firmware by pressing a few buttons I shouldn’t have to really should I?

-=Glyn=-
I had same thing with app on my Android phone. An initial update worked, but this recent .300 update refused to be installed from phone. I had to use assistant program on windows.

New status shows Monday, which totally sucks since I am out of town on business most of the week. Thanks DJI!!!

God Bless you early adopters. I am waiting to see more reviews of this RC as more of them get into the wild. I will not buy anything DJI until it has been out for several months at least because I feel all DJI product are rushed out the door before it is 100% ready for prime time. Hope you guys get this customs issue resolved soon.

I am hesitant to buy this (and just get a standalone CS instead) because if the app crashes, you will have to rely on VLOS or RTH to get it back right?

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm starting to lean against buying a Smart Controller. There are 2 mitigating factors for me: 1. I have the large, Crystal Sky Ultra monitor with a Mavmount and 2. I think there is a very good possibility that this Smart Controller will be incompatible with the next Mavic model. For those 2 reasons, I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, but were it not for #1, I'd do it in a minute. It looks like a really nice piece of equipment. As much as I like my Crystal Sky with Mavmount, the rig is large, takes time to set up and break down, and just isn't near as portable and clean as this new unit.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm starting to lean against buying a Smart Controller. There are 2 mitigating factors for me: 1. I have the large, Crystal Sky Ultra monitor with a Mavmount and 2. I think there is a very good possibility that this Smart Controller will be incompatible with the next Mavic model. For those 2 reasons, I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, but were it not for #1, I'd do it in a minute. It looks like a really nice piece of equipment. As much as I like my Crystal Sky with Mavmount, the rig is large, takes time to set up and break down, and just isn't near as portable and clean as this new unit.

I also have a Crystalsky and think it's a pain to set it up every time. If everything works out with the Smart Controller, I'm putting it up for sale. I was looking at my carry case today and it will be awesome to only have to pull out the controller, turn it on, and fly. :)

So I have to ask, why do you think the Smart Controller won't be compatible with the next drone? It certainly has the newest tech and I don't think DJI is looking to use other radio channels right now. It's so new that none of the other older drones work with it also. I'm not really ready to draw that conclusion myself. But if they do, I think the Mavic 2 is so good that even a used model will sell for respectable money. I had no issue moving my Mavic 1 pro early on right as the Mavic 2 was announced.

Either way, you are good to go though since you already have a Crystalsky. :) I have a little extra cash from selling a bunch of stuff lately so to me getting the smart controller was a no brainer.

So I have to ask, why do you think the Smart Controller won't be compatible with the next drone? It certainly has the newest tech and I don't think DJI is looking to use other radio channels right now. It's so new that none of the other older drones work with it also. I'm not really ready to draw that conclusion myself.

My thinking, which admittedly may be flawed, is that it will only be compatible with OcuSync 2.0. When Mavic 3 comes out with OcuSync 3.0, I think it will be a brick, but the Crystal Sky should continue to work with whatever new controller they come out with.

Reactions: Jharrisonphoto

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60