DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavik 2 and Mavik Air in Nashville

Ooda

Reactions
Hello all. Would really like to hear from any pilots in TN, preferably in the metro Nashville area. Currently I’m just finding places to fly in the city without getting into any trouble . Both aircrafts have been registered and are labeled. It’s posted that Percy Priest lake is flyable, however there is a no drone sign posted there. Wow wtf? Any suggestions?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I fly at Percy Priest and Old Hickory Lake a lot. Where did you see a sign?

Downtown is legal, as is Nissan Stadium (but not on game day). Don't go south of Shelby Ave, or you'll be in BNA airspace. Check AirMap (free) before you fly ANYWHERE.

I like Nashville. A day's bus pass (under $5) can get me to town and back from BNA, and to anywhere else system-wide. Great skyline, great music, great food, pretty girls, good flying, lotsa fun! Last time there, I had good burger and beer at Rock Bottom Brewery--after flying, of course!.

Reactions: Dr.Oning
Hello all. Would really like to hear from any pilots in TN, preferably in the metro Nashville area. Currently I’m just finding places to fly in the city without getting into any trouble . Both aircrafts have been registered and are labeled. It’s posted that Percy Priest lake is flyable, however there is a no drone sign posted there. Wow wtf? Any suggestions?
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! I've flown in Nashville several times, you just have to watch the Nashville International Airport Class C space as it covers parts of downtown, you can unlock via LAANC though. Also you can't fly near Vanderbilt without notifying the campus. Fly safe and have fun!

I fly at Percy Priest and Old Hickory Lake a lot. Where did you see a sign?
Made a left off of bell rd and drove over the bridge, then made a left into that parking area by the dam and there is a sign with a pic of a drone and a line draw through it.

Downtown is legal, as is Nissan Stadium (but not on game day). Don't go south of Shelby Ave, or you'll be in BNA airspace. Check AirMap (free) before you fly ANYWHERE.

I like Nashville. A day's bus pass (under $5) can get me to town and back from BNA, and to anywhere else system-wide. Great skyline, great music, great food, pretty girls, good flying, lotsa fun! Last time there, I had good burger and beer at Rock Bottom Brewery--after flying, of course!.
Thanks for the reply. Will definitely hit up the stadium esp before pre season .

Made a left off of bell rd and drove over the bridge, then made a left into that parking area by the dam and there is a sign with a pic of a drone and a line draw through it.

Ahh - probably because of the dam. There are some restrictions on flying near “critical infrastructure facilities”. Check out Seven Points and Vivrett Creek boat launch areas on Percy Priest and Shutes Branch launch on Old Hickory Lake. Those are some of my regular places.

Ahh - probably because of the dam. There are some restrictions on flying near “critical infrastructure facilities”. Check out Seven Points and Vivrett Creek boat launch areas on Percy Priest and Shutes Branch launch on Old Hickory Lake. Those are some of my regular places.
Brother thanks for the resources. Until next time...happy flying.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Are the restrictions for dams like old hickory just that you can’t come within 250ft? I was at the Cheatham dam the other day and it had a no drone sign up but I haven’t seen one at old hickory?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas