DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max altitude flown of Magic 2 Pro

Depends on the surrounding terrain! If 400 feet max altitude is starting point and there are mountains or valleys are to be flown over, 400 feet max isn't relevant. I've flow well over 1000 feet down into a valley and well 1000 feet up a mountain side!

Bmwbob what's your lowest? I thought I was doing well at 380ft but 1000+ is another level altogether.

Mike was this 1000ft up via hill climbing or straight overhead? If the latter are you aware there may well be a 400ft above ground level ceiling where you flew?

You & your Mavic have 3 height limiting factors ...

1: The Mavic 2's have a "Max Service Ceiling above Sea Level" spec of 6000m (19685ft). At that height though, the low air density, together with the motors max RPM, and the pitch of the prop's pushing... mean that the AC isn't going much higher. Furthermore the effective useful battery time at those heights will be much, much shorter.

2: The height indication shown in the app is always relative to the take-off spot, the barometric sensor is always reset at take off. In the app you can as a maximum dial in a max height above take-off to 500m (1640ft)... meaning the height is SW locked from there.

3: Lastly you have the legal aspects to consider... the legal max heights above ground ... usually 120m (400ft).

So if those 1000ft (305m) you achieved were relative the service ceiling it most probably wasn't any problem for your M2P ... if it also was withing the legal height from the ground beneath (going up a mountain side) it was probably legal ... otherwise not.

Bmwbob what's your lowest? I thought I was doing well at 380ft but 1000+ is another level altogether.

Mike was this 1000ft up via hill climbing or straight overhead? If the latter are you aware there may well be a 400ft above ground level ceiling where you flew?
I guess about 1000 feet off Nacimiento Road to Highway One.

1000 from take off point, straight up...
I was flying in the city center of Kiev in Ukraine.... I plan to fly about 1500 over the stadium to get a better photo. In this photo, I am flying at 1000 feet over the stadium.
A friendly advice @mikekelley07 ... WWW isn't the best place to advertise how you disobeyed the local UAV laws & regulations, especially not on a forum filled with dedicated people that might suffer from even stricter regulations due to disobedient behavior from a few.

I'm sure you could find it by yourself ... but helping you out here below.

The rules & regulations: UNMANNED AIRCRAFT – State Aviation Administration of Ukraine

1613073266814.png
The drone map containing NFZ ... looks like Kiev mostly is a NFZ with some small exceptions : ZONES OF PROHIBITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS OF AIRSPACE USAGE – State Aviation Administration of Ukraine

1613073401989.png

I have an app Drone Buddy and it is not that strict here...
The links I gave you earlier are the official information, what actually counts ... Drone Buddy on the other hand is an 3:rd party app that don't take any responsibility regarding the info that's shown, here 2 examples from their terms of use ...

1613081417506.png1613081441186.pngLink to the full terms --> Drone Buddy | Term of Use

The drone will tell me before take off if it is a no fly zone...
Then again you're talking about non official information, this time info coming from the DJI FLY Safe material uploaded into your drone. DJI don't have any authority over the Ukrainian airspace. The only thing that does is to prohibit your drone to perform flight operations not allowed from their, non complete material ... you see what will be restricting you in Kiev according to that below.

As you see, it's not near the official material ... it's up to you as a UAV pilot to know what really counts, imagine that they will not let you off just because you say that your drone let you take off or that you used Drone Buddy... & honestly, where in all that 3:rd party info you are referring to ... is it mentioned that it's ok to fly at 1000ft AGL?

1613082108280.png

What is the max altitude any of you have flown your Magic 2 Pro?
I have flown mine up to 1000 feet in 25 degrees temperature.
If you were 1,000 ft above the ground then you are flying illegally and are the type of flyer that we all dislike because it is people like you that cause all the good law abiding flyers to have to suffer with laws and more laws restricting what we can do in flight.

If you are flying illegally I am sure there are plenty reading on here, who hope you get busted with a $2,000 fine for illegal flight.

Reactions: Droniac
If you were 1,000 ft above the ground then you are flying illegally and are the type of flyer that we all dislike because it is people like you that cause all the good law abiding flyers to have to suffer with laws and more laws restricting what we can do in flight.

If you are flying illegally I am sure there are plenty reading on here, who hope you get busted with a $2,000 fine for illegal flight.
I’m sorry to be curt but your thought process abiut this hobby is...”off”. It’s also selfish as it effects us ALL. Let’s represent. (I never thought I’d ever use that term ✌?)

Reactions: BamaBomber
I’m sorry to be curt but your thought process abiut this hobby is...”off”. It’s also selfish as it effects us ALL. Let’s represent. (I never thought I’d ever use that term ✌?)
No clue what you're talking about. What I say is not selfish and does not affect {Or effect, as you stated} us ALL... What idiots who fly illegally do, can and does affect us all because those with the power want to create further restrictive laws, thinking that will prevent the law breakers from doing it again.

In fact the law breakers will still break the law, no matter what laws are in place. Those of us who abide by the law, are the ones who are affected by law breakers actions, when legislation goes forward to further limit all flyers.

Reactions: BigCee and Droniac
What idiots who fly illegally do, can and does affect us all because those with the power want to create further restrictive laws, thinking that will prevent the law breakers from doing it again.
Although this idea is frequently put forward, it doesn't stand up to logic.
If people break existing laws and regulations, making more restrictive laws and regulations isn't going to solve the problem.
Can you suggest any examples where this twisted logic has been applied in any non-drone area?

No because I don't follow other laws like I do those affecting drones. However, when drones started out, you could almost fly anywhere but over the years laws have been brought in to restrict where we once were allowed to fly, or have you not noticed that?

No because I don't follow other laws like I do those affecting drones. However, when drones started out, you could almost fly anywhere but over the years laws have been brought in to restrict where we once were allowed to fly, or have you not noticed that?
When any new technology for which there are no rules evolves, so do the rules and regulations relating to that technology.
When cars were invented, there were no traffic laws to regulate them properly, but they evolved to deal with the new technology.
If people are breaking a 60 mph speed limit, do you think reducing the limit to 50 mph would make any difference and the response isn't to make more restrictive rules.

As drones became popular and their use, widespread, rules and regulations evolved to deal with them too, just as they did for cars.

Although this idea is frequently put forward, it doesn't stand up to logic.
If people break existing laws and regulations, making more restrictive laws and regulations isn't going to solve the problem.
Can you suggest any examples where this twisted logic has been applied in any non-drone area?
Since when do our lawmakers follow logic?

I can think of many areas where politicians see people violating laws and respond by enacting more restrictive laws. I suspect it's at least partly due to mail from their constituents insisting they "do something".

Whether it works or not is a completely separate question. I believe sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, and in many cases, people of different political persuasions will differ on whether it worked.

I refuse to be more specific with examples on the grounds that it could start an off-topic political debate.

People on this forum have climbed WAY WAY up in altitude and done so legally. It's a forum with international reach and all different terrains. Drone police always ruin good posts assuming an OP is not law biding and before getting all the facts.

People on this forum have climbed WAY WAY up in altitude and done so legally. It's a forum with international reach and all different terrains. Drone police always ruin good posts assuming an OP is not law biding and before getting all the facts.
Although what you say has some merit, are you assuming this OP climbed to 1,000ft legally?
He stated he went straight up and if you bothered to read all the posts here, others were not happy with him doing what he did and someone posted the laws for the country he states he did that flight in. It clearly shows by flying that high, where he stated he was, he clearly did in fact, break the laws of that country.

Many times when people here complain about someone flying illegally, they are not acting as the drone police, but rather, attempting to do some sort of self regulating, in order to try and persuade idiot flyers not to continue to fly illegally, which would be for the benefit, in the long run, of all flyers of drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998