DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

max distance issue

Max transmission range for CE frequency is 4km
Max transmission range for FCC frequency is 7km

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Have you considered that you just have a faulty unit? I'm in Europe and have had zero issues with range and know others with no issues either. The Mavic is a very good drone, I'm getting excellent results with it. might be a good idea to return it for testing, or if you still can, get your money back from the purchase location and buy another :)

I have a simular problem,that just started a few days ago. No lost range,but a warning saying "Strong WiFi Interfearance"?o_O I'm flying in the middle of a huge bean field,miles away for anything? But the Mavic still performs and flys out to max range with no video drop out? The warning is getting on my nerves! Never knowing if something is "really wrong" or if it's just a glitch?

Have you considered that you just have a faulty unit? I'm in Europe and have had zero issues with range and know others with no issues either. The Mavic is a very good drone, I'm getting excellent results with it. might be a good idea to return it for testing, or if you still can, get your money back from the purchase location and buy another :)
Hmmmm that could be, i'm going to do some more tests and if that fails i will return it. its really only that isseu that i have te drone flies perfect and i get good video feed.

Have you tried a completely different area with the same results?

Have you tried a completely different area with the same results?
That is my next move yes. ATM i got 3 nice droning spots, not crouwded open fields. I realy didn't even did the test until now. I wil do a distance test every time i on a flight just to be sure.

could it be that i was in 4k mode 30 fps ( not filming ) and that there for i could only go 800m far?

Could be worth using the phones original cable from the big USB port, disconnect the side cable from the remote first. Cures a lot of app disconnects.

Switch your device to airplane mode so it would not interfere with your Rc. Worth trying

Also things like text message or phone call could crash your app and that could end up bad.

Have you changed the connector ?I didn't get 5mins of flight time before I got weak image and lost connection.Puckered right up:eek:I ditched that real quick and good to go.Even if thats not the cause there seems to be a problem with the stock connectors.I wouldent even save them for backups

I have been having the same issue. I lose it about 2000-2400 feet range. Also getting jitters in the video in spot. I recording in 2k. It did it in 4 k too. Messes up a lot of shots.

I see so many threads with the same question..However, I can tell you for sure that if you are only getting that distance, something is wrong with Drone or Controller. No interference is going to limit you to 300m.. Are you sure that your drone is in RC mode and not wifi? Wifi is limited to just about that. Also, if you are running the latest software, you need to be logged in to the DJI server or you will be limited as well..

Here is my most recent flight and I only turned around due to battery limitations. Granted, I am using a very setup but it's still a mavic..

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Here's a good question, I ordered the Crystalsky a week and a half ago. I emailed DJI to get a status update. It wont be here till late August. I'm picking up the Mavic on Aug 2. Can I use my G3 Vigor that is no longer in use as I recently purchased a newer phone. G3 works just fine...still even use it to check out the net on occasion.

I see so many threads with the same question..However, I can tell you for sure that if you are only getting that distance, something is wrong with Drone or Controller. No interference is going to limit you to 300m.. Are you sure that your drone is in RC mode and not wifi? Wifi is limited to just about that. Also, if you are running the latest software, you need to be logged in to the DJI server or you will be limited as well..

Here is my most recent flight and I only turned around due to battery limitations. Granted, I am using a very setup but it's still a mavic..

Great footage mate!
Ritzy looking location

Hmmmm, I know this flight path.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98