DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

max distance issue

What do you mean L shape?? One ant. Up one sideways??

I've been having massive connection issues as well. I can't break 300' straight up before I start getting drops. Go any higher up or move around at all while I am up there, and I get "connection lost" messages and no video feed. Its infuriating. I've posted on this before and get a swell of responses about how I should just expect that because of interference from wifi and whatever else. But... there is no way its interference.

18623534_1782222972088500_8236670276243520523_o.jpg

I really want to like the Mavic Pro, but I just don't trust it. When I really want to take pictures and I'm not just screwing around in my driveway, I always go for the P3P. It's so disappointing.

I hope you find a solution to your issue and share it here.
I travel a lot and have flown my drones in many different areas. I've had connection problems in mountain areas where it appears there should be no interference. Believe it or not I've had more connection problems in mountain areas than urban areas for some reason. I would try flying it over a lake. That is where I get the best reception and if you can't go further than 800m then there is a problem with the drone. If there is no large body of water then maybe drive a ways to find a large open field.

Also, if you are running the latest software, you need to be logged in to the DJI server or you will be limited as well..

New guy here... Can you explain this to me? I've completely missed any reference to this. I'm having distance issues as well, using iPhone 6 in airplane mode I usually start getting disconnects around 1.25 miles (2000 meters or so). Take off in a populated neighborhood but fly over unpopulated landscape at 300-400 altitude. I figure RC interference, but not drone. I always figure I'm doing something wrong first so still researching...

Great video btw - I hope to get that level eventually. It will be a while though at my current rate!

Thanks

When reaching 800m my app says im loosing connection then the vid get sluggish then i just come back before i loose my whole connection.
Sir,,may Ask how high are you flying?It make a world of distance..lol

the mavics where the same . power controlled via firmware from dji.. but i do not know if u get a boost in power if u go to the us for a vacation

One more advice turn off any electrical devices as cell phones
And the device you are using for flying the mavic put on airplane mood

Try to get more altitude
Question; what happens if you get an incoming call on the iphone you are using with your control?

Hey Guys

I don’t know if this the right place to post, but I have a question.

I am loosing connection to my mavic at 800m distance normally one can go to 6000M (that is what dji say )

All my settings are at max distance and max alti. I have 21 satellites at my disposal. I am not recording.

Also I fly in open fields with no interference what so ever.

What could this be

Anyone has the same issue? Or a solution.

Thanks

Kind regards

What altitude are you flying when issue happens?

I travel a lot and have flown my drones in many different areas. I've had connection problems in mountain areas where it appears there should be no interference. Believe it or not I've had more connection problems in mountain areas than urban areas for some reason. I would try flying it over a lake. That is where I get the best reception and if you can't go further than 800m then there is a problem with the drone. If there is no large body of water then maybe drive a ways to find a large open field.

For me, Flying isn't about just flying. it's about capturing pictures in specific areas. And large fields are hard to come by in this area.

i did recieve a pohen call when i was flying that day. i'm gonna take my mav out today to do the airplanemode, and iphone original cable test and see what happens.

ok, just got back from testing. it turns out that a lot of you guys were right! W
Look at the video bar vs the rc bar
Then you will know
Some time you will see that the video bar flashing that mean interference

ok, just got back from testing. it turns out that a lot of you guys were right! When flying be sure to set ur phone in airplane mode ( reached 2km, could had go further but not a fan of flying to far).

I did recieve a phonecall that day, and indeed it was flashing green red (thank you bunzik ). That prolly caused my problem.

So a big thank you to all of you for your input!

kind regards
Kenneth.

Reactions: Mike357
I had a phone call during flight today, not a problem took it on Bluetooth earpiece while letting Mavic hover safely, no disconnect from go4, but I was using the replacement cable from the mini USB port to my iPhone not the dji cable. Getting rid of dji's cable has made all the difference to my enjoyment of the Mavic

Reactions: Madkersch
Hi, living in CH, could reach 4000m of horizontal distance without problem while flying outside an NFZ safe area at 300m high (except battery at 55% forced me to go back). Your issue is probably due to something interfering with the signal (mountains, power-lines, cell phones antennas). Find another safe location where you can take off higher, keep your RC vertical (and not horizontal !), nearly as if you could see your drone through your antennas. Try for example to be on top of a higher hill. Look carefully at your signals quality (Video and RC) and adjust your RC position as soon as you see a drop in quality, try to fly in another direction (left/right) and bring your drone higher. Stay away (RC) from any metalic bodies (car, antennas, fences, etc...). Sometime I noticed that a simple crane below or near the drone can affect the signal quality.

I run a version of the app which operates the RC and aircraft in FCC mode to get max distance. Also I feel some of the more recent features deliberately tone down the signal strength over certain distances. I had occasions where I could fly 20000 feet away, then on newer firmware after three or four thousand it was done. Ensure no interference and consider using FCC mode enabling version of DJI app I first spotted on YouTube channel SimiTravels.

I run a version of the app which operates the RC and aircraft in FCC mode to get max distance. Also I feel some of the more recent features deliberately tone down the signal strength over certain distances. I had occasions where I could fly 20000 feet away, then on newer firmware after three or four thousand it was done. Ensure no interference and consider using FCC mode enabling version of DJI app I first spotted on YouTube channel SimiTravels.
*not recent features, recent firmwares

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803