DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max distance reset after battery change

rfc

Reactions
I've read the several threads on the subject, including those @msinger links to within some of them. I'm still confused about the sequence of events related to logging into dji, and it "remembering" your settings. I thought one said that once you do that once (while logged into the app), you may then disconnect wifi and cellular, and fly on.

But in this case, I was flying fine; no limits in max distance (I had it off). I swapped the battery, did not quit the app, although I was in airplane mode at the time, and all of a sudden the max distance was set to the default.

What is the proper sequence to get this set so that it stays where I set it (no max distance)?

I thought one said that once you do that once (while logged into the app), you may then disconnect wifi and cellular, and fly on.
That's correct. The distance should not be limited as long as you're logged into the DJI GO app (even if your mobile device is not connected to the Internet).

That's correct. The distance should not be limited as long as you're logged into the DJI GO app (even if your mobile device is not connected to the Internet).
OK. So you must be on line to log in, but once you are, you can go into airplane mode (or go somewhere there is no internet or wifi), and the settings will be remembered.

Why would just changing the battery in the A/C have done anything though?

OK. So you must be on line to log in, but once you are, you can go into airplane mode (or go somewhere there is no internet or wifi), and the settings will be remembered.

Most likely your battery FW is out of sync with a/c FW. It updated one battery at some point, but not this one.

I'm not sure.

Is there anything related in that flight log?

Most likely your battery FW is out of sync with a/c FW. It updated one battery at some point, but not this one.
Thank you. I'll read up on updating Battery firmware. Sheesh...A/C firmware...DJGo4 versions...IOS updates...battery FW...And I thought managing Windows was a pain!

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Check out the DJI GO flight log first. See these instructions.
Got it. Also remembered how to get them synced to HealthyDrones. I think this is one of the ones with the new battery.
Where do I look to see if anything is amiss?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-12-09_[12-27-17].txt
    311.2 KB · Views: 8
I was expecting to see the normal altitude and distance capped message in the beginning of the flight log, but it's not there. Perhaps it doesn't always log that message.

How did you end up resolving that issue?

This, on the log map, made me chuckle .... not that it's anything to do with your problem. :)

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I was expecting to see the normal altitude and distance capped message in the beginning of the flight log, but it's not there. Perhaps it doesn't always log that message.

How did you end up resolving that issue?
Well, I'm not sure I have. I logged out and back into the app, set the "max distance" switch to "off", and will fly again tomorrow to see if the settings stick.
Thanks for your help though.

So, the max distance setting was enabled? If so, that's a different issue. Logging out of the DJI GO app does not enable that setting.

So, the max distance setting was enabled? If so, that's a different issue. Logging out of the DJI GO app does not enable that setting.
I thought it was not, but I might have tried turning it on when I "hit the wall", and set the max distance to a high number, to no avail. I'll bring a notebook next flight and try to take notes of what I'm doing lol.

I've done a bunch of additional testing (with two phones, the Huawei and and iPhone), connected to wifi and not, and am still confused.

Are the settings in the app (such as max distance, max height, EXP settings kept:
1. On the phone in use, and therefore different for each phone?
2. in the RC?
3. in the A/C?, or
4, on DJI servers somewhere?

Are the settings in the app (such as max distance, max height, EXP settings kept
Those settings are stored on the Mavic. You'll only be able to set them if DJI GO is connected to the Mavic.

OK. First post, and about an hour's total flight time. Experience to date - admittedly perhaps not all relevant to the thread, but the last bit certainly is. Purchased the Mavic in August and followed setup procedures, which included updating soft and firmware. Whatever I did, the controller said software mismatch and wouldn't take off. Put Mavic away and tried again about 3 weeks ago. Went through a load more update procedures but regardless of how many times I run through updating procedures, it states more updates are required, but at least the iPad, Controller, battery and drone now talk to each other and I can fly. Today, I was flying in normal mode for about 10 minutes ranging out to about 500 metres when someone asked to see it. I landed, powered down the drone, leaving the iPad and controller running, showed the passer by the Mavic, powered the Mavic back up, and as it happily connected to the controller I took off. But I was immediately restricted as how far away I could fly, a la beginners mode, although I was in normal mode. Did I do anything wrong? If not, any other suggestions?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan