DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maybe drones aren’t for where I live. 🙄

It's been really crappy where I'm at, also. Looking forward to a potentially calm Friday and Saturday. 🤞 I have started hating the wind, the more and more I want to fly.

Look at the two of you with 65 and 84 degree weather. 😂

Screenshot_20220331-122639.jpg

It's been really crappy where I'm at, also. Looking forward to a potentially calm Friday and Saturday. 🤞 I have started hating the wind, the more and more I want to fly.
Me too. On a good note it was stunning to watch a huge red tailed hawk playing in the wind up high. Swooping around and litteraly doing flips and banked turns like an FPV drone. I was entranced for probably 5 minutes or so until he flew away.

Mike

Reactions: JTZ and CorralesDan
It will be back down to 28 tomorrow. I’d be flying with your wind. 😉 Just how windy is it there?

Mike
Yuck! It's funny to notice that the further south you go, the later the sunrise and sunset is. Guess I never thought of that.

Also, yeah it's not terribly windy, but too **** cold for me, with the wind that there is.

Me too. On a good note it was stunning to watch a huge red tailed hawk playing in the wind up high. Swooping around and litteraly doing flips and banked turns like an FPV drone. I was entranced for probably 5 minutes or so until he flew away.

Mike

You saw the hawk go fully inverted? Rolls or loops?

There was an Osprey here ridge soaring in the lift above the pine trees at the edge of the harbor. It's wonderful to see.

Reactions: JTZ
You saw the hawk go fully inverted? Rolls or loops?

There was an Osprey here ridge soaring in the lift above the pine trees at the edge of the harbor. It's wonderful to see.
Looked like rolls. I have never seen one do it before. It was like it would bank into the wind and the gusts would roll it into a dive. Kept doing it over and over so I only guess it was actually just having fun playing in the wind.

Mike

Looked like rolls. I have never seen one do it before. It was like it would bank into the wind and the gusts would roll it into a dive. Kept doing it over and over so I only guess it was actually just having fun playing in the wind.

Mike

I agree with you that they often seem to be flying just for the joy of it.

My father used to say that if reincarnation was real, he'd want to come back as a hawk, falcon, eagle, or dolphin. I remember that most every time I see one of those critters whooping it up.

Reactions: slozukimc
I agree with you that they often seem to be flying just for the joy of it.

My father used to say that if reincarnation was real, he'd want to come back as a hawk, falcon, eagle, or dolphin. I remember that most every time I see one of those critters whooping it up.
It does look like fun to me but in reallity he was probably up there getting his butt whooped by air currents trying to get to his next meal.

Mike

I live on a ridge in SW NH, ridge about 800 feet higher than the surrounding valleys. You think that affects wind speed? Yes, it's tough finding days in the spring where it's not too windy to fly. I find I'm most likely to find calm air in the hour or so after sunrise.

I live on a ridge in SW NH, ridge about 800 feet higher than the surrounding valleys. You think that affects wind speed? Yes, it's tough finding days in the spring where it's not too windy to fly. I find I'm most likely to find calm air in the hour or so after sunrise.
I know what you mean. I am on top of the hill above the South end of Seneca Lake. To top that off the ravine called Excelsior Glen comes straight up to my property from the end of the lake. The combination of air current directions makes even a well planned flight dangerous here. I have gone out and headed into the wind only to end up fighting it to get back home. It sure is fun and exciting but too expensive when it goes wrong for me.

Mike

View attachment 146063
Oh the wind. I really should invest in windmills instead of drones. Lol

Mike
One of my best day of flying was -20F with 20-25mph winds. What drone do you have? I know the mini might have issues but plenty of drones eat 20mph winds for breakfast.

Right now in Watkins Glen
One of my best day of flying was -20F with 20-25mph winds. What drone do you have? I know the mini might have issues but plenty of drones eat 20mph winds for breakfast.
I have a Platinum Pro and I just picked up a Swellpro Spry + that I fly most. Well I want to get out with the Spry. Just got it. I’ve had a few others. The steady wind up to 20 doesn’t usally bother me much bit when it is gusting up to 50and 60 mph it gets a bit sketchy for me.

Mike

I love flying in the wind. Comes from racing sailboats and having the most fun in high winds pushing equipment to the edge. I think our drones will take much more than people realize. Just don’t be stupid about it.

KANSAS CITY HAS BEEN HORRIBLE THE LAST COUPLE MONTHS..
Today could be a good day for flying! Winds should be relatively light, in comparison to the past few days. Is the KP Index what is RED all day, up there?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13