DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maybe Good to know before you register your drone..maybe

Commercial Registration is for a specific aircraft (serial #) but hobby is tied to the operator and not a specific aircraft. As a hobby operator you can apply the same Reg# to all HOBBY aircraft you own.
Question for you sir...I hold 2 UAS certs,
If you have Part 107 then you can fly under Part 107 or 336 (Part 101). The 336 registration is only for 336 flights, but the Part 107 aircraft registration covers both. You can only put one registration number on an aircraft though.
OK now
If you have Part 107 then you can fly under Part 107 or 336 (Part 101). The 336 registration is only for 336 flights, but the Part 107 aircraft registration covers both. You can only put one registration number on an aircraft though.
So should I use the 107 Cert number to avoid any run-ins with law enforcement? Basically I have redundant coverage? I carry BOTh certs on my person at all times too.

Question for you sir...I hold 2 UAS certs,

OK now

So should I use the 107 Cert number to avoid any run-ins with law enforcement? Basically I have redundant coverage? I carry BOTh certs on my person at all times too.

If you are flying recreationally then either number will work fine, but if you fly Part 107 then you will probably want to keep that registration number on your drone. Which you use shouldn't make any difference to LE provided that you are flying within the rules.

Reactions: 0317
If you are flying recreationally then either number will work fine, but if you fly Part 107 then you will probably want to keep that registration number on your drone. Which you use shouldn't make any difference to LE provided that you are flying within the rules.
THANK YOU SIR!!

What if: I deliver RV's for hire AND I use an RV recreationally. Is he saying I can't RV recreationally because I have a CDL?

What if: I deliver RV's for hire AND I use an RV recreationally. Is he saying I can't RV recreationally because I have a CDL?
That's why I'm saying the Park Ranger should have gathered more information. Then again, it's possible they did before issuing a citation. It's all about intent, or at least it should be. If you're delivering an RV for a client, commercial. Using the RV for your own enjoyment, recreational. The CDL shouldn't matter.

So the simple answer to all this discussion seems to hinge on one question:

Can a single individual register themself under part 366 and use the number on recreational drones while also having drones registered under 107 and displaying their unique numbers?

Please quote section of the FAA rules if there is a section defining the above.

Thanks

So the simple answer to all this discussion seems to hinge on one question:

Can a single individual register themself under part 366 and use the number on recreational drones while also having drones registered under 107 and displaying their unique numbers?

Please quote section of the FAA rules if there is a section defining the above.

Thanks

I have two drones registered under 336. I have the same registration number on both drones. I have zero intentions on using them for commercial work.

I have one registered under Part 107. I do use that for commercial work. It has it's own unique registration number. I also use it for recreation.

Is that what you're asking?

FAADroneZone
Capture.PNG

Reactions: Thomas B

The RV is subject to any rules of the registration .
When you rent a U-Haul Truck and you’re on a highway and they have a weigh station you have to pull over EVERYTIME even if you’re just movin down to Florida from NY .
The bottom line is the FAA kinda made this a kerfuffle because a professional photographer can just take pictures for fun while
The problem with the sUAS is that if you’re licensed with the part 107 the uninitiated just automatically assume commercial use on every flight
I tagged mine with both .
I’ll tell you as a CDL holder you are held to higher standard if something goes wrong with that RV

Reactions: Jim Padgett
The RV is subject to any rules of the registration .
When you rent a U-Haul Truck and you’re on a highway and they have a weigh station you have to pull over EVERYTIME even if you’re just movin down to Florida from NY .
The bottom line is the FAA kinda made this a kerfuffle because a professional photographer can just take pictures for fun while
The problem with the sUAS is that if you’re licensed with the part 107 the uninitiated just automatically assume commercial use on every flight
I tagged mine with both .
I’ll tell you as a CDL holder you are held to higher standard if something goes wrong with that RV
Yeah, I dove heavy weights a long time ago, a service truck the last 25 years. There was always some gad fly HOA nazi hassling about "you can't park in your own driveway". It always ended up stipulating "Over 18,000gvw" though, which it was not. You are right, we can't have a gas can that isn't DOT approved.

Yeah, I dove heavy weights a long time ago, a service truck the last 25 years. There was always some gad fly HOA nazi hassling about "you can't park in your own driveway". It always ended up stipulating "Over 18,000gvw" though, which it was not. You are right, we can't have a gas can that isn't DOT approved.

Exactly
Believe me it ain’t like I was taking their side it’s just one of those things had a friend with his CDL was driving a Home Depot rental tire blew out and the Statie said well the tire was kind of balding you should of caught that in your walk around. You drive for a living you know to ensure the road worthiness of your vehicle.
He said it wasn’t worth the argument Home Depot couldn’t apologize enough to him and he said they did the right thing even though at the end of the day things happen

I have two drones registered under 336. I have the same registration number on both drones. I have zero intentions on using them for commercial work.

I have one registered under Part 107. I do use that for commercial work. It has it's own unique registration number. I also use it for recreation.

Is that what you're asking?

FAADroneZone
View attachment 64906
Exactly. Thank-you

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
So brings up a point I ran into the other day wondering if anybody has insight on this. I was flying with a friend in a national forest and a forest ranger stopped us and though we were both flying for recreational purposes my drone is registered under 336 and his is registered under 107...
---------------------------------------
I think I know where the Ranger's brain is coming from. State and Federal Lands (sometimes managed by local Park Districts) have rules regarding taking pictures. IF the photographer either 'appears' commercial, or claims to be commercial, then he needs to be working under permit.
For Camera use how do they distinguish between Amateur and Professional? Easy: If the photographer is using a tripod, it's 'professional,' and they need a permit. Period.

I know, rather off-the-wall, but that is probably how the ranger 'framed' the commercial permit; same as if a photographer was using a tripod. It's the implied professional camera use, not the Drone use per se that becomes the rubric.
Be aware that Park Rangers are NOT well paid... at all. They love any activity that can justify their existence (to their supervisors), thus scratching out a citation for something beyond their grasp fits the bill nicely. The use of the 'camera' recording could be legitimately determined to NOT be amateur in this situation; the citation might 'stick.'

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_