DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Meaning of Icons

RussOnTheRoad

Reactions
I have been having difficulty locating documentation or videos that explain the meaning of a couple icons found at the top right of the Waypoints screen on my Smart Controller.

I tapped on the leftmost of the two I have marked in the attached image and nothing seemed to happen. What is it supposed to do?

I tapped on the rightmost of the two icons I marked and got a message "Map unlocking available in current mode". What does that mean?

Thanks.

What are these icons?.jpg

The first icon erases the flight path on the map. The second icon unlocks the map orientation -- to allow the map to face the direction you're facing.

I tapped on the rightmost of the two icons I marked and got a message "Map unlocking available in current mode". What does that mean?
That means those icons cannot be used while editing a waypoint mission.

The first icon erases the flight path on the map. The second icon unlocks the map orientation -- to allow the map to face the direction you're facing.

That means those icons cannot be used while editing a waypoint mission.
Thank you.

May I ask for some clarification?

You said the first icon erases the flight path. I don't know what that means. The waypoints remain on the map when I tap the icon as do the gray lines between the waypoints which I am guessing is the flight path, but as I said nothing happens when I tap on the icon, nothing I can see anyway. What should I expect to see or happen?

Then you said "That means those icons cannot be used while editing a waypoint mission." Here I am uncertain what you are referring to. You had already answered my two questions. Can you clarify, please?

Finally, when I was trying to figure out what you meant by clearing the flight path I zoomed in on part of the mission I had created and noticed what you will see in the screenshot attached to this post. I am trying to understand what and why the line is so zig-zagged. I can't make any sense of that. Can you?

Thanks again!

Crazy Path.jpg

You said the first icon erases the flight path. I don't know what that means.
When you're flying, a line will appear on the map to show the flight path the aircraft traveled. You can tap that eraser icon to erase that flight path.

Then you said "That means those icons cannot be used while editing a waypoint mission." Here I am uncertain what you are referring to. You had already answered my two questions. Can you clarify, please?
While editing a waypoint mission, you can only use these icons:

Finally, when I was trying to figure out what you meant by clearing the flight path I zoomed in on part of the mission I had created and noticed what you will see in the screenshot attached to this post. I am trying to understand what and why the line is so zig-zagged. I can't make any sense of that. Can you?
I'm not sure what those lines are showing. It will likely make more sense if you zoom out so you can see a larger portion of the map.

I'm not sure what those lines are showing. It will likely make more sense if you zoom out so you can see a larger portion of the map.

When zoomed out you cannot see the zig zags. The mission looks normal. I only discovered the zig zags by accident when zooming in.

This mission was a copy of another made with Save As. The original mission does not have the zig zags.

I have seen some crazy route corruptions with the GPS I use in my RV and this, in my estimation, is likely a similar issue--data corruption. It seems as if there is something else I trip over around every corner with this drone and controller. The list is growing longer and longer and I've only had it less than a week.

When you're flying, a line will appear on the map to show the flight path the aircraft traveled. You can tap that eraser icon to erase that flight path.

While editing a waypoint mission, you can only use these icons:

View attachment 74353

This is what DJI said about the zig zag lines "If the original mission does not have the zigzag lines, you don't have to worry as I supposed that this issue might have occurred when duplicating or saving the mission has failed or not processed well. We suggest that you keep on observing if this issue frequently happens and let us know."

So, they basically have no idea what happened.

I might say it a little differently: they know what happened, but not with any certainty why it happened. They certainly did not acknowledge it's a bug, and so far in my own very limited experience it is an outlier, a one-off. I have seen, in my experience with computer technology, one-off glitches occur and hope that this is but one of those occurrences. Fingers crossed.?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna